What have you done with your pulsar today?

Cathode

Cheers stu! I wasn’t sure about the “go faster stripes” at first but I kinda like them. I’m just experimenting with the look of car as they’ll be coming off soon in exchange for something I know you’re going to comment on lol something far more in your face

Cathode

Well I didn't quite manage to get the gear box off. Doesn't seem like it wants to budge. I've check and all bolts are out or at least I think they are anyway. Should be coming off so I'm gonna have to triple check tomorrow and try again.

Cathode

Just reading through some threads on here and came across the term “ 2 bastard bolts “ and I thought, I haven’t come across “ 2 bastards bolts “ but I think I’ve just discovered them and I can confirm, they are bastards!

Cathode

So I managed to get the gear box off but not out. Tried a number of scenarios but I just can’t seem to stop it fouling the chassis. The transfer box shaft is just a little too long, I got close but no cigar. So if no one reads this by tomorrow and has some wise words to share I’m gonna have to drop the bloody engine.

stugtir300

No probs,words of encouragement spure folk on,it's good to know that there are folk in this day and age that aint offended by what is said by another,sticks and stones may break my bones but words aint going to bother me,fingers crossed you get it sorted pal.

Cathode

I’ve got a engine hoist coming this morning to make it a bit easier. I say easier I say. Famous last words.

astarozna

I’m sure you know that box won’t come out when engine is in. It’s a tandem job. Many have tried and all have failed. Put a pallet under the engine and lift with the hoist from where the radiator rests over and voila!

Cathode

Ok, I got the tosser out. After nearly stripping the whole bay down I've managed to change the seal! Just got a get the git back on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Cathode

If I had any advice for anyone reading this it would be, don't buy a Pulsar.

No, joking aside, just make sure you have as much room in the bay as possible. Nevertheless, Simon 1 Universe 0.

Last edited:

Cathode

collectively a working day when i add up the hours. took longer than it should've since it was my first time taking the box off like this. last time i took the whole engine out. not a lot of room to play with in that engine bay so, i was continuously taking off stuff that was getting in the way on the fly.
wouldn't recommend it.

if i were going to do it again, which i bloody hope i'm not, i'd just do exactly as you suggested astarozna. Sounds a lot more straight forward and less buggering about.

i think it'd be a lot easier had it been on a completely standard car/engine and standard engine mounts.

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well it looks like I've missed all the action!!!

On a better note, I've almost paid off the outstanding bill for the GTiR engine.

2 months and she'll be mine.
Then I can start to sort out the engine bay and look at getting some of crappy bits ready so I can drop the engine in.

Might have the gearbox rebuilt before I put them all together.
At least I know its all fresh and new before I pop them in (plus order a PAR/PPG selector fork).

Cathode

Well it looks like I've missed all the action!!!

On a better note, I've almost paid off the outstanding bill for the GTiR engine.

2 months and she'll be mine.
Then I can start to sort out the engine bay and look at getting some of crappy bits ready so I can drop the engine in.

Might have the gearbox rebuilt before I put them all together.
At least I know its all fresh and new before I pop them in (plus order a PAR/PPG selector fork).
That is awesome news. Let’s hope you can be rolling in July/August to catch a bit of summer action. Been a long time for you Andy. You must have the patience of a saint