What have you done to your car today?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Here is the results from my machine polishing day on Saturday.

Bearing in mind I'm not a pro at this and I took my time this is the results I got from my DAS6 Pro Polisher!

BEFORE

AFTER

Overall I was really impressed with how it turned out and when I polished it and waxed it, the results were even better.

The photo's don't really bring out the "deepness" off the finish or the shine, but if people are interested in trying to rejuvenate their paint work, its worth the time and effort.

As long as you take your time, seek advice (or watch youtube tutorials) and understand what you are doing you can get decent results.

Its no way near pro detailers levels, but for my first attempt, I'm pretty happy with that!

Slunch

Replaced dizzy and seal, cleaned up rotor, because euro car muppets sold me the wrong rotor. Fitted new EGT sensor. Repaired aircon box behind glove box (mauled by previous owner and plugged with kitchen towel:shock:). Cleaned plugs, then decided to replace them, cleaned leads. Fitted new lead clip by dizzy. Refitted repaired downpipe and discovered bulges on both front tyres :cry: Spent an hour trying to upload photos to photobucket- gave up!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Impressive result Andy, bonnet looks a bit dull though- LOL
GRP bonnet, painted poorly in matte black, by myself... :hide:

Looks good Andy. What did you use to remove the swirls etc?
I used a light cutting foam pad with Farecla G3

Oh, the car looks good too, nice work Andy
Cheers!

Looks good worth the effort i really like the colour what is it ?
No idea on the actual colour code or name as it was painted in Japan, originally the car was black, but currently a metallic dark blue

johnny gtir

No idea on the actual colour code or name as it was painted in Japan, originally the car was black, but currently a metallic dark blue [/QUOTE]
Just remember seeing it a the track day when the sun hits it looks stunning any different

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Pulled my finger out seeing as it was dry and warmer than it has been.

GTi bushes cut off new wishbones (I trued being gentle, but in the end the angle grinder was the only way I could get them off), GTiR polybushes installed.
New wishbones (with ball joints) installed.
New droplinks installed (seeing as I had them and the wishbones are new).
Whiteline under-body brace half-installed (I'm struggling to get all the bolts lined-up).
One new track rod end on... and the other stuck fast.

I'll try to look at the brakes during the week, and hopefully it can go back in for a new MOT before the end of the month... just in time to tax it for April.

Jon Olds

Replacement starter motor, Easy job as the plenum if off in 15 mins due to no tickover control gubbins
Jon

Jon Olds

One of the best mods I did. Extra 1/2 turn on the tickover screw. Never going back. Mind it is a rally car
Jon

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Pulled my finger out seeing as it was dry and warmer than it has been.

GTi bushes cut off new wishbones (I trued being gentle, but in the end the angle grinder was the only way I could get them off), GTiR polybushes installed.
New wishbones (with ball joints) installed.
New droplinks installed (seeing as I had them and the wishbones are new).
Whiteline under-body brace half-installed (I'm struggling to get all the bolts lined-up).
One new track rod end on... and the other stuck fast.

I'll try to look at the brakes during the week, and hopefully it can go back in for a new MOT before the end of the month... just in time to tax it for April.
Your list is exactly what I should have done today, but couldn't be arsed. :oops:

Jon Olds

Nowt clever, just removed bits and blanked off. The water pipe blanks were a two go repair. On the second attempt I just welded up the pipes
Jon

Slunch

Do you still have the PCV mess on there? I've been thinking about a draft tube or exhaust venturi to draw out blow by gasses.