What have you done to your car today?

vpulsar

Managed to pick up a very good set of gabs that where bought new by the cars owner and hardly done any miles so I'm a happy bunny, I loved my old gabs was mad to sell them when I had my last pulsar, These ones still have all the original paint and look mint in the pictures, Front top adjustable the rears have knobs near the bottom if the strut.

Picked up anther standard air box as well.

Rob

STEVEN878

Welded in the osr arch and my mate started dilling snd sanding the quarter, so almost ready for paint...once i fix the sills :(
Also started cleaning up and shutzing the rear tubs.
removed my 5zigen back box to find its rotten! Anyone know where to get a replacement or is it better getting something custom made?

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Get something custom made as because 5zigen systems are mild steel and rot out quit quick....bloody noisey and expensive too. Look on jetex site for parts and weld it together yourself.

STEVEN878

I couldn't believe just how bad it had corroded, especially the cost of them!
Ill have a look at the jetex parts, as i want something quieter for track use, but without using 2 back boxes, etc.

The Doc

Moderators
Staff member
Well there is no way a 5zigen would get thru noise testing, I would suggest a large silencer in the cat convertor space under the car and another single large back box all in 3" .

STEVEN878

Over the past day or so iv, removed every unnecessary trim panel or bracket from the rear bumper, alligned, drilled and fitted the rear bumper, shutz'd the rear tubs, reassembled the rear suspension, checked over and reassembled the rear brakes, refitted the wheels, fitted the walbro fuel pump, checked over fuel system and pipes for any issues, fitted dawes device, fitted boost gauge, cleaned out interior, remove the last of the sound deadening from the floor, reroute the battery cables to the boot, run wiring to fit washer bottle in the boot, resecure wiring inside car to fuel pump.
Also started cutting and fitting a 5 door sill to suit a 3 door! What a pain of a job that is!
my mate started his 400th skim of filler on the rear arches as hes just not happy with shape.

Anyone know where i can get a n/s inner sill, as it appears mine has rotten from the inside out?

MarkTurbo

I've spent the last couple days doing bits and pieces to my car. The main jobs were unsticking the pressure relief valve in the oil pump and replacing both front to rear metal brake pipes, what a fun job that was :sad:

Was nice to get out in the car again, think I've done more miles in it today than in the last 2 months :oops:

Took a while to bend the pipes, as they're clipped in so many places they need to be nearly identical to the originals. The end result was worth it though 8)

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

Thanks. I will admit to cheating on the drivers side rear though and putting a joiner in :oops: I was intending to make them both in one but that would have involved dropping the exhaust, heatshields, handbrake cables etc

vpulsar

Today I bought my little baby a new Quaife gear set and a rocker stopper kit oh and an HKS inlet cam.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
replacing both front to rear metal brake pipes, what a fun job that was :sad:

Took a while to bend the pipes, as they're clipped in so many places they need to be nearly identical to the originals. The end result was worth it though 8)
I think that's a job I need to do.
Have you got any links for brake pipe, fittings and a decent flaring tool by any chance?