What exhaust is this?

abyss

defo a trust weights a ton, i sold mine for 50 quid and fitted a goose hell of a lot lighter than that thing.

nimhbk

kakimoto is a good shout i had one last year...it lasted a year as well...before it had to come as the baffles went.... they aint cheep either...

Mr GTiR

abyss said:
defo a trust weights a ton
LOL, sorry but your worng as that is my car with one of my many old exhausts that i've had.

If i remember correctly it was cat back and the system was 2 3/4" and mild steel. The make of the exhaust was unkown but it did have JASMA stamped on it.

Yes it did weigh a ****ing ton :doh:

Last edited:

300bhppulsar

if it had jasma on it mines got that stamped on a plate on the box and mines a hyper medalion ???? dont know if these are any good but a lot quieter than the goose :D

edited due to text speech

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam_M

sorry to bring up an old post, but Andy would you say the Hyper Medallion was much quieter than say a Mongoose and also, did you notice much difference in performance going to a free`er flowing one.

Reason I ask is I have a Hyper Medalion on mine at the moment, and im quite happy with the loudness, but the baffle sounds like its knackered and its rusting badly on the joins, not sure if it will last till the next MOT in January, and as im sorting out bits and pieces on the car at the moment, I want to change the exhaust but dont know what system to go for next, was tempted to go for something similar but obviously S/S.

Also got a bloody HKS downpipe which is rusting away too, its all gotta go S/S.

Sam

Mr GTiR

Sam_M said:
sorry to bring up an old post, but Andy would you say the Hyper Medallion was much quieter than say a Mongoose and also, did you notice much difference in performance going to a free`er flowing one.
Hi Sam

Yes the H/M was very very quite compared to the Goose. Even at full throttle it was hardly noticable. I've never had a Goose on my car as i went staight to a 3" exhuast system. But the cars i've driven in the past with a Goose on do seem more "responsive" compared to my car when it had the H/M on.

If you want an exhaust that is "quite! look at Scorpion or get an exhaust fabfricator to remake the H/M but in s/s. If your based in the N/W then let me know as i know quite a few people who can make you a one off for "sensable" money :thumbsup:

gtir_pimp

has anyone had a custom made exhaust from powerflow on there R?
i had one made up on my old 16v clio 2 years ago and it was almost just as loud as my goose on my pulsar! clio was louder on idle but less when floored!