What do you think of these Turbo elbows/manifolds....

snoon

Anyone ever had anything from http://www.manifold-exhaust.com/ ?

I was getting a quote for Turbo elbow/downpipes and manifolds.....

I have attached pictures (I think). If not model numbers on website are below

Model EW-02D - Downpipes - around £20 plus delivery
Model EW-14M - Manifold - around £70 plus delivery

Seems a bit cheap going by what I get quoted from all the UK companies? Although this is the price if I buy 10 of each (they won't sell just 1).

Would any1 be interested in these if I did get some?

Don't fancy paying through my teeth for a new turbo elbow!

Thanks again for all your GTiR wisdom!!

Shaun

antgtir

The manifold looks the same as the standard, therefore my question would be is this a direct replacement made to look shiney or is it supposed to be uprated?

Also imoo i would stick away from SS manifolds as they seem to be very suceptable to cracking or shearing straight off:doh:

For the cost i would rather adapt the standard manifold to suit the setup you have on the R, unless of course you are going for mega power in which case i would see what Rishi is doing about his manifold type;-)

Out of interest how much was the 10No buy price?

Ant.

youngsyp

Not sure if that is a GTiR specific manifold ?! If it is, I'll defo have one for that money !
Even if it cost £100 extra for shipping and duty etc (very unlikely) it's still a steal.

I reckon, if that's the right one and they can do them at the price quoted, it'll be about £120 - £130 all in for the manifold !

Good find !

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
They're Chinese, be very careful. The IBM laptop I'm using was made in China but it will have had a load of western quality controllers ensuring it works. I'm involved with sourcing chinese equipment with my company for our factories and we have a lot of problems.

snoon

Dan_GTiR said:
Both are for a 200SX, so will not fit the GTiR without modifications

Hi mate,

What makes you say that? (sorry these are something I know a great deal about)

I asked specifically for RNN14 SR20DET Pulsar stuff? But the website doesn't actually tell you anything about which part fits which car?

With it being some little chinese company I'm reluctant.

Cheers

Shaun

snoon

youngsyp said:
Not sure if that is a GTiR specific manifold ?! If it is, I'll defo have one for that money !
Even if it cost £100 extra for shipping and duty etc (very unlikely) it's still a steal.

I reckon, if that's the right one and they can do them at the price quoted, it'll be about £120 - £130 all in for the manifold !

Good find !

Thats what I thought - the prices seem a little too good to be true?!? And usually if it sounds too good to be true.....it is?!?!?

snoon

Out of interest how much was the 10No buy price?

The Guy said he'd do me......

10 x Downpipe/elbow - $35 (about 18 quid) each
10 x manifold - $115 (about 60 quid) each

Dunno how much sending these round the UK would be, but he said he'd ship them to me free of charge.

Their usually minimum order quantity is 100, bue he said he would do my order if I ordered 20 parts. I think this must be why there so cheap cos they make and sell so many, but is that going to bring down the quality of the parts?

Cheers for your comments Guys. Anyone else think owt about these?

Cheers

Shaun

snoon

Anybody else shared any wisdom on this?

Think I'll end up leaving it due to not being able to test the quality of them first.

Dan_GTiR

snoon said:
Hi mate,

What makes you say that? (sorry these are something I know a great deal about)

I asked specifically for RNN14 SR20DET Pulsar stuff? But the website doesn't actually tell you anything about which part fits which car?

With it being some little chinese company I'm reluctant.

Cheers

Shaun
Trust me mate, it is for a 200SX, you can tell by the position of the flange on the manifold.

The Pulsar manifold flange is near the centre, where as that manifold is towards the right.