what do i need

nathan

right im just being lazy here i am gonna start getting a box of parts together to forge my engine i just need a list of parts really please

skiddusmarkus

Buy someone else engine thats already built.You'll get it for a fraction of the cost so even if it goes wrong you can buy another and still probably be better off than doing your own.I wish I'd done that but I wanted to know that everything was in the engine that was supposed to be.It soon gets very expensive as you keep adding bits on.

johnsy

just rebuild the big end with ACL shells, dont waist your money on a forge emgine unless your planning on running over 400bhp+,

bernieGTIR

my big box of bits has

forged rods (tomei)
forged pistons (tomei)
arp main bearing bolts
arp con rod bolts
arp head bolts
acl main bearing's
acl big end bearings
full oe gasget kit
hks 1.2mm head gasket
new oil pump
new water pump
my spare block that has been acid diped and bored out to 87mm

if you are runing below 400bhp you can leve out the rods if you want, but i'm the sort of person that will only do the job the right way that way i only do it the once.

are you going to do the topend as well?

hope this helps but it will be cheaper to get one form bobby (or who ever) thats all ready been done.

ps if you get rods make sure that there for the pulsar not the 200sx as they use diferent size bigend bearings, but you probably knew that.

Last edited:

nathan

cheers chaps i am aiming for over 400 bhp i am gonna do my top end aswell i just wanted a list so i can gather bits together (cheers bernie thats exactly what i needed)
can anyone tell me the best place to get the bolts from
cheers

nimhbk

Buy someone else engine thats already built.You'll get it for a fraction of the cost so even if it goes wrong you can buy another and still probably be better off than doing your own.I wish I'd done that but I wanted to know that everything was in the engine that was supposed to be.It soon gets very expensive as you keep adding bits on.
I agree 100%

Give your cash to Bob the builder, on top that im sure he will give you some sort warranty.

P

pulsarboby

if you do build it yourself then it does get very expensive as youll see.

ive pmd you with bits needed and with regard to the pistons.

please do not use arp headstuds though:doh:
pm trip and he will tell you the probs hes just had with those useless troublesome things lol.
they truly are a nightmare as weve found on many occasions with cars weve had in all relating to arp headstud probs