What company did you have your manifold ceramic coated with?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Those of you that have the manifold ceramic coated, who did you use and how much was it?

I've found a couple of companies on the web so far, but any more recommendations won't go amiss.

Mr GTiR

Camcoat in Warrington. They did Kev's manifold and downpipe. Also, i think Coxie may have used them for his stuff as well.

frp - having stuff ceramic coated turns the metal into a very dull buage so no 'bling bling' look.

gtirpulsar

Manifold(stainless) seems to have lasted well (can't see inside it :lol: ). But the downpipe (mild) has rusted and bubbled the coating off... dunno whether t was bad preparation or the coating being permeable. :confused:

Mr GTiR

IMO there's no point in having stuff coated unless your trying to extract every last bhp out of an engine. As the cost of caoating stuff is not cheap!

frp

yeah in the US, I have nt actually dealt with them. there are a few other companies that do cermakrome, not sure if they are uk based though?

Tony-turbo

You can be cermakrome from demon-tweeks, £30 for a tin but i deceided it wasnt worth the risk to mess up the finish on my manifold,

I dont think it will make too much difference either tbh

00sid

got mine done at zircotec, 350 for the manifold plus turbo ex housing, theyve done a good job and it does keep engine bay temps down and helps get the gases out quicker.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Tony-turbo said:
You can be cermakrome from demon-tweeks, £30 for a tin but i deceided it wasnt worth the risk to mess up the finish on my manifold,

I dont think it will make too much difference either tbh
Yeah, I bought some about 10 years ago for my other car. When I read the instructions you had to spray it on like spray paint and I didn't have any of the tools (airgun, compressor etc) required, so I sent it back:doh:

Tony-turbo

then you have to bake it at 260deg or something, I could do it because my parents own a bakery but didnt really wanna risk it.
T.

Dooie Pop Pop

Tony-turbo said:
then you have to bake it at 260deg or something, I could do it because my parents own a bakery but didnt really wanna risk it.
T.
spray it on and start the car. according to my egt gauge the car probably sits about there on tickover from cold anyway:-D

ashills

its not only getting every last bhp its the fact u can have ur runners and turbo nearer to stuff without it burning to ash

J

jpward

I priced around over here was looking at 100-150 quid so i decided im not that dedicated as the manifold is hardly precission made so only a waste off cash

Wrap arrived today should get some clips tomorrow ;-)