WHAT CAN I EXPECT?....

A

Anonymous

Hi, just put a deposit down on a black GTIR, it a H plate, just imported, totally standard with 29,000 miles.
The garage i have bought it from are going to put on a performance exhaust (not sure which), a HKS induction kit, turbo timer and dump valve.
What kind of performance can i expect from these modifications?
Ive not even driven the car but wanted one for ages after seeing the AWD one at Knockhill in Scotland.

Its on 15 or 16" alloys which are immaculate, not a design i would pick but look good on the car.

Underneath its like a brand new car so they are under sealing it when i go to pick it up.

What can i expect performance wise with these first few mods?
Thanks guys

p.s get it next week and cant wait, selling my Civic type R to have it! :D

GINGA

240bhp ish and 13.5-14sec 1/4's at a offical strip or low 13's if you've got a gearbox ratio's from a 1.0l micra :wink: :lol:

G

gotoinstant-redline

if it's still limited then you will have a top speed of 112mph.
is this your first turbo car?
they are properly quick for what they are and will out do most other things on the road. super cars and other faster/newer rally kit might waste you but so what, your gonna be driving a gtir!

L.

S

stomski

ummm,

my old R, now owned by LJ on here had similar mods, kn induction, bailey dump valve, goose and that somehow managed 274.2bhp on the rollers, but i couldnt find any chips or anything that would produce that and it was on standard boost :? :?

you do the math :D

A

Anonymous

gotoinstant-redline said:
if it's still limited then you will have a top speed of 112mph.
is this your first turbo car?
they are properly quick for what they are and will out do most other things on the road. super cars and other faster/newer rally kit might waste you but so what, your gonna be driving a gtir!

L.
Hi i had an MR2 Turbo before but ive never had a 4WD before, not sure if its going to be derestricted?... will give the garage a call ,is the hard/costly to do if its not already done?

G

GTiRich

Not at all. It just involves fitting a delimiter chip somewhere. I cant say much more as mines already done

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GINGA said:
I've edited it just for you :wink: :lol:
And you did that wrong :p

It was York DragWay, an official FIA aprroved dragstip. :p
don't start getting all Antilag on us :wink:

Anyway, in 95/96 York Dragway and Santa Pod were givng me identical times. 8)

kyepan

as you can tell some of these guys like to drag their Gti-r's 8)

but they do go round corners too, and pretty well at that.

Get some good brakes on there.. the standard ones are not up to more than one or two stops from 70+ , after that you just get squidgy pedal and horible painfull death. :wink:

welcome to the board.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GINGA said:
Ok fair play, i've altered it again :wink: what times have you run at pod btw :?:
I haven't managed to run the Gtir there yet as it's been chaos the 3 times I've taken it so far.
Hopefully I'll get it down again next year, head gasket permitting. :wink:

A

Anonymous

kyepan said:
as you can tell some of these guys like to drag their Gti-r's 8)

but they do go round corners too, and pretty well at that.

Get some good brakes on there.. the standard ones are not up to more than one or two stops from 70+ , after that you just get squidgy pedal and horible painfull death. :wink:

welcome to the board.
Thanks for the advice, i intend to do bits and pieces here and there to upgrade it.
:D

S

str_motorsport

you can fit a chip in the ecu to run 1 bar of boost safetly and will also de restrict it...
it is a nice mod!

W

WRW76

str_motorsport said:
you can fit a chip in the ecu to run 1 bar of boost safetly and will also de restrict it...
it is a nice mod!
where would you get this chip from?

A

Anonymous

Picked it up on Satuarday, OMG its sooo fast compared to the civic typeR, ive had great fun in it, btw whaty the top speed likely to be?
Got 140 with ease on private ground?... but wary of pushing it as its an older car etc... :lol:

O

Odin

STEVE+DONNA said:
Picked it up on Satuarday, OMG its sooo fast compared to the civic typeR, ive had great fun in it, btw whaty the top speed likely to be?
Got 140 with ease on private ground?... but wary of pushing it as its an older car etc... :lol:

I bet you two have a steve and donna sun strip don't you :roll: :cry: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
[I bet you two have a steve and donna sun strip don't you :roll: :cry: .

rob

Erm no, its compleatly standard looking, what are you getting at? because i ask what the top speed is we will be tacky and abuse the car?

Your a welcoming forum member arent you? :roll: