what boost?

A

Anonymous

what boost should i be running standard as the needle goes to the seven is this ok also what exhaust sound the best on the gtir

kyepan

have a go with the search facility and have a look in the tuning faq section.. it will answer your exaust questions.

I Generally find the best sounding exausts have holes at both ends and not much in between ;)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If your gauge is going to the 7 you could be running around 1bar , so it isn't standard. Standard is around 550mmhg I think.
If you like loud, the mongoose is good.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fast Guy said:
If your gauge is going to the 7 you could be running around 1bar , so it isn't standard. Standard is around 550mmhg I think.

Could be the gauge... My mate just bought a UK spec GTiR... His gauge reads 14psi all the time but when we took it out with a calibrated gauge it was reading 0.65bar...

Some standard guages read better than others...

Rishi

MarkTurbo

RishiGTiR said:
Could be the gauge... My mate just bought a UK spec GTiR... His gauge reads 14psi all the time but when we took it out with a calibrated gauge it was reading 0.65bar...
The standard gauge is crap :wink: When i was running standard boost (10psi) my gauge was reading 12-13psi and my Blitz boost gauge was showing exactly 0.7 bar (10.15psi) 8)

A

Anonymous

i will have to get a nnother gauge then any ideas which is the best one and what should i mount it in

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
millsy said:
i will have to get a nnother gauge then any ideas which is the best one and what should i mount it in

Get any one you want...

I went for the HKS EL gauge - to match the iDials - with a GReedy pod for the A-Pillar...

Defi do some nice gauges...

Just have a look about and see what you want...

Rishi

R

ROSSGTIR

Fast Guy said:
i thought 7 on the gauge is 7psi, thought 14psi was 1 bar :?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you have a Pulsar the gauge reads in mmHg (millimetres of mercury) and 700mmHg is about 13.5psi. (14.5psi being 1bar)

I don't know what the uk (Sunny) gauge reads in, but if it's psi then yes, 7 would be 7psi :wink: