what boost???

A

Anonymous

hi,as some of you may know,the engine on the R went bang just before it was to be sold,which has meant a 3 grand re-build,comprising of:

full bottom end re-build,with ND forged pistons (std. bore), hks metal headgasket,new chain,tensioner,re-shimmed head,new valves,guides,etc etc.....

the car already has front mount,avc-r,adjustable fuel pressure reg,afr controller,oil cooler,stg 1 hybrid turbo,race leads,plugs,fuel pump,etc....

just wanna know what boost the car can run,it used to run 1.1 bar,and made 320 brake,with lots to go on the fueling side.thinkin bout 1.4-1.5 bar,looking for bout 340,350bhp? or is this a bit to optimistic?

M

memski

Not optimistic at all if you have a fuel controller and fmic. The Adjustable fpr should allow you to go a bit further than 1.4bar with the hybrid that you've got.... Go to a reputable tuner who can map using your afr.

M

memski

Possibly, do you know the compression ratio of your new engine? i.e are the ND pistons low comp ones? What thickness head gasket? This may have an effect on power also.

Either way, it's too late now, get it mapped with as much boost as your preferred tuner thinks your engine can take and stick it on a rolling road (if you're bothered about numbers) :wink:

A

Anonymous

not to sure of those. it goes to power engineering twice a year,so they know it well.will get it rolling roaded once run in,always like to know what power it has,so i can put down all the ppl who never believe me :D

M

memski

To give you some idea then, mine's estimated at 330bhp with stock engine/turbo/injectors/afm at 1.4bar via PFC and fmic.

With your hybrid and a little more fuel and boost, as long as it's mapped properly I don't see why you can't get 20 more bhp.