what boost pressure?????

DRC

Hi i wondered what sort of boost i can run at safley now i have my car is set up. Also if anyone knows a rough guess what this would make in bhp that would be great.

MAIN ENGINE MODS.

86mm hks forged pistons
fidanza flywheel
lightend and balanced bottom end
2mm hks head gasket
ported head / exhust and inlet manifold.
hks valve springs
walbro pump
kent gtir2 cams
hks vernier pullys
shot peined rebuilt dakar box
ap paddle clutch
md214 roller bearing turbo
front mount intercooler
sbc spec r boost controller
safc2
no ac
(set up by thor racing but unable to dyno).

Cheers guys........
moved to tuning

DRC

there is also a K&N filter with a colds air feed pipe and a full mongoose exhust system plus uprated plugs. i think thats it.

mattygti-r

Drc said:
there is also a K&N filter with a colds air feed pipe and a full mongoose exhust system plus uprated plugs. i think thats it.
some injectors would be an idea

and an emanage, instead of the safc2 (but thats being picky)

Shaun

:shock: :shock: :shock: THOR :shock: :shock: :shock: PM me if you need to know more mate,as not gonna do the dirty on the forum :wink:

GINGA

With a z32 maf and 600cc injectors or larger you could run 2 bar + if you wanted as your compression ratio will be pretty low on that setup.

Sweeny

kieron said:
get the car set up to what ever it will take :wink:
Exactly, all you need to say to the dude thats mapping it is "map it to what it will take" then you know you've got the best out of your engine.

It all depends on the person who maps it tho :wink: .

DRC

ok. thor may be getting second thoughts, besides its best to get others opions. :lol:

So recomend some other "good tuners".

LOU ROB

nismoboy said:
I was told that the z32 afm maxed out at 1.6-1.7 bar?
I've had the standard one max out at 1.7 bar :wink: At 2+ bar, there is still a little more boost to squeeze out of turbo, before the z32 maf will max out for me :wink: :D
And i'm still using the safc :p

nismoboy

LOU ROB said:
nismoboy said:
I was told that the z32 afm maxed out at 1.6-1.7 bar?
I've had the standard one max out at 1.7 bar :wink: At 2+ bar, there is still a little more boost to squeeze out of turbo, before the z32 maf will max out for me :wink: :D
And i'm still using the safc :p
its because yours aint making high power on low boost due to having low compression :) thats why your afm does`nt max out

LOU ROB

nismoboy said:
its because yours aint making high power on low boost due to having low compression :) thats why your afm does`nt max out
Low compression :?: Who said anything about low compression :?
I'ts all about getting tuned properly :wink: :D
By the way, I got the standard afm to max out on a standard engine :lol: :lol: