WHAT Boost Controller???

ki_saj_ng

I have heard and read many views on loads of different types of controllers but want to know your personal view on what you think is best as i am not able to make up my mind.

cheers

saj 8)

stugtir

i have the avcr and although it looks ok it attracts the chavs like flys round s h it!!!

and i would say the greddy is a dam site more user freindly and holds the boost better.

and they can be had on ebay pretty cheaply :wink:

stu

K

krikra

how many of those controllers can handle rpm specific boost control?
Know AVCR does this and think its a really good feature.. If it works that is.

B

beast14

i'll be installing the blitz electronic dual solenoid controller very soon...
so i'll let you know how it works....

M

Mart

If you use the Blitz power meter with the SBC i-D II you can set boost to rpm

Shaun

8) I would say,on looks alone the AVCR without a doubt 8) Its got some good functions aswell,but a bit awkward to set up properly :wink: On ease of use and holding boost with minimum fuss then either the Greddy Profec B or B2 8) As for HKS controllers,i cant say much as i've never used any,but heard the EVC4 was a bit wobbly holding the boost :wink: and not sure on the EVC5 only it looks very nice :D

daz

i believe that the blitz sbc id II is speed specific not rpm just my two pence worth as i have one on mine and it works a treat

B

BabyBhp

We have tryed the avcr and the Blitz SBC i-D II and we found that the sbc held boost to what ever we set it to, whereas the avcr never held the boost to what we set it to. The SBC was also much more easier to use and it dont look 2 bad either and its alot smaller.

mattygti-r

agreed, the blitz is very good

i thiknk the AVCR is very over estimated, thou it can do alot

most people just go "OH its blue and flash"

thou it just becomming "the standard" for boost controllers now

ask most people w hat they have and its "avc-r"

not saying its not capable unit but i think people should look past the "flashyness" of teh avcr

for instance, how many people at pts that ran avcrs sat there and "mapped it" up or did you just set 1bar 1.1 etc and leave it

jameswrx2

wouldn't mind betting that a lot of people don't get a decent boost hold with the AVCR because it's not setup right. when I got my car (fitted with avcr) it was set to run 1.35bar, it only ever peaked to about 1.2bar and held circa 1.1bar.

I wired it up for self learn instead of injector duty cycle, added a bit to the in gear start duties where applicable and it makes desired boost now and goes much better.

In my experience of using quite a few boost controllers (HKS EVC's, Blitz s & R, Greddy, avcr) the HKS EVC's are the worst.

Keira

after reading the instructions and seting it up properly i'm very happy with the avcr now..
]
in matey at pts's own words when i enquired about wether it was behaving itself.

'nothing wrong with that at all'

like jameswrx2 says, got to set them up properly 8)