Werid Problems

Fusion Ed

Usually that happens when someone gets the injector scaling/latency/cold start enrichment wrong. If it happened as soon as the ECU was done than that is what it is. I've never heard of a nistune board going wrong - well its certainty never happened to me and I've fitted hundreds. I almost never comment on other peoples tuning, but that is clearly not right.

As for costs, if he has locked it then I have to start from scratch. (I don't lock ECUs - its not my property, and I've nothing to hide) If its unlocked then I may be able to make a few small changes that will greatly improve that starting for you.

MacK_Gtir

well even just putting a base map on it till I know everything else is good

I hope he hasnt locked it as he is only a distributor of nis-tune DB not the owner

I am looking getting rid of all the dizzy, primary ignition coil, ignition amp etc and I saw that ed is doing a syvecs system?

also all the throttle body and stuff at the back cold start ICV etc

but one step at a time I want to get this sorted first then move from there.

thanks for all your help so far guys

MacK_Gtir

No, going to arrange a future mapping meet in scotland where we can get a few guys that need mapping done.

Already spend almost £2000+ in mapping and equipment. No point paying £150 for base map then another £150 to get it remapped at a later stage. Just got back into employment :p

red reading

If you read what ed has said, if the ecu is unlocked he will be able to make small changes, it's only if locked he will have to re write it......why not send the ecu and see if it is locked ?

MacK_Gtir

Anyone tell me what the CCA on the gtir is?

Is it normal for the battery voltage to from 13v to 7/8volts when cranking (its a brand new battery)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I only run a 330CCA battery (which I think is the OEM size). - I don't think my voltage drops that much, but as I just had problems with starting and replaced the starter, I may now have a really low-draw on the circuit.

MacK_Gtir

I tried voltage at fuel pump plug and its only getting 7/8volts when cranking but when it wants to start I get 10/11v.

I am starting to think my starter bushes are shorting causing huge amp draw and may need a new starter motor.

I also tried with another battery diesel one still doing it.

MacK_Gtir

Ok today took the starter off and strip it cleaned it up and checked the armature, brushes etc re-greased the planetary gears stuck back in and...........................

starts perfect now even when at opt temp

the voltage at pump is now about 9-10 before was 7-8

Last edited: