warning light and seems to be idaling a bit fast

A

Anonymous

will check the diagnostic plug but theis maybe common not sure ive only had the pulsar 3 days!!! on the right side of the dials theres a warning light constantly on it looks like a weird shape box with heat haze coming off it and it also seems to idal at about 1100/1200. the person i got it off said it was due to being decatted and that was the cat sensor causing the lite to stay on not sure if this was correct? apart from the that the car runs/works/pulls fine.

MarkTurbo

Thats just the cat temp sensor light coming on :wink: Nothing to worry about, it wont affect the running of the car. I expect its the wiring from when it was de catted.

The wires come out underneath the car in the area under the drivers seat, they should be joined together i think :?: Probably just come loose.

You can turn the idle down by a screw on the back of the inlet manifold. Theres a topic on here somewhere that explains how to do it :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They are supposed to idle around 950rpm, but most peoples seem to idle higer than that, I wouldn't worry about it.

geetee

The light is triggered by the sensor originally fitted in the cat. When the cat gets over a certain temp the light comes on. I believe the interpretation of the Japanese on the sun visor tells you not to park over fallen leaves when the light is on - but it has no bearing on the running of the engine - at all - it's only connected to the warning light.

Whoever decatted it has shorted the wires - find them and un-short them. They'll either be under the car (where the cat used to be!!) or pulled up into the cabin under the carpet somewhere.

As for the high idle...... oh dear, that could be a long saga.

Make sure you don;t have any air leaks anywhere on your inlet... that includes sh1te dump vavles and worn out bleed valves.

http://www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir/IDLE_ADJUSTMENT.PDF

may help.

When ur happy u have no leaks - u need to disconnect the Throttle position sensor and turn the idle adjust screw (which is really easily accesible - NOT) anticlockwise.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

A

Anonymous

ok thanks for your help has put my mind to rest now!!!oh the joys of owning my first R!! :D

C

c11gtr

best thing to do is unplug under the drivers seat
my light did not come on . but it did short out putting car into limp home mode.
by the way it is connect to the ECU