WANTED urgent. KOYO RAD or simular

nitrosgti-r

I need a performance rad desperatly as im racing on the 25th and f#@king paypal has f'#cked me right up and refused my payment to absolute rads. Im fuming!! if anyone has one they dont need or knows anyone that has one or where i can get me hands on one, then ill pay up to £300 and ill travel ANYWHERE. let me know by the 25th.

cheers guys

JAMMA

You can get ali rads off Ebay from China. Dunno what the quality would be like tho. Says shipping to all major cities is 5-7 working days.

nitrosgti-r

Thanks for your suggestions guys...... Iv thought about the rads for the nissan almira as, just my luck, they arnt selling the rads for the pulsar on ebay at the mo! Wil they fit?

If not then my only hope is to direct my windscreen washer jets to the rad and squirt the shit out of the rad as im going along in a desperate hopeless hope to cool things down and maybe get 2 laps and then come off, or just throw the towel in.

JAMMA

nitrosgti-r said:
Thanks for your suggestions guys...... Iv thought about the rads for the nissan almira as, just my luck, they arnt selling the rads for the pulsar on ebay at the mo! Wil they fit?

If not then my only hope is to direct my windscreen washer jets to the rad and squirt the shit out of the rad as im going along in a desperate hopeless hope to cool things down and maybe get 2 laps and then come off, or just throw the towel in.
There you go mate. Dont say im not good to you lol.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/50mm-alloy-al...0454659QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Jonesy

Didn't someone just buy one of these and the hose connections were the wrong diameter. Or was that a different make.

Braveheart

What power are you running.
I have tracked a couple of times on fairly low power... .85 and 1bar.. not ideal but if you keep and eye on temps and ease off when possible it's do-able.
If you have a second oil cooler fitted that will help as well.
My OE rab almost coped but did tax the exspansion bottle a bit.
BTW, where are you based... I have a koyo that I can give you for the day if it's not too much of a logistical problem getting it to you.

davey red.r

Jonesy said:
Didn't someone just buy one of these and the hose connections were the wrong diameter. Or was that a different make.
yeah i remember last week someone saying they didnt fit.

davey

nitrosgti-r

mark. Im racing at donnington on bank holiday monday. i think i saw the oil temp go up to nearly 90 but i will check later exactly what it did go up as i didnt take in the excact reading as my eyes were firmly fixed on the coolant temp guage, just like at castle come that time!! i still have the same problem and iv changed the temp guage sensor but it still goes up to the first DANGER line, and past, on the guage. I dunno if the guage is dodgy or not? I might chuck the other clocks in actually and see?

J44MAA, cheers for that link mate, i will check it out in a bit...... But i think i read somewhere that the outlet hose fitting was too small also?

Braveheart. Im running around 1.3 bar on a 3071 turbo with everything lagged, including the oe manifold, turbo elbow and exhaust housing covered by a "turbo beanie" so it really shouldnt be getting 'that' hot? im based in bridgwater and if we could sort somthing out mate, that would be IDEAL! where are you based?

warringtonjack

nitrosgti-r said:
i think i saw the oil temp go up to nearly 90
When I was on track my oil temps regularly went up to around 130, at which point i'd come off for a cool down. Then my last stint, it went off the gauge, i.e. 150+, but everything was alright when cooled down again. Car was still running sweet when I took it off the road for an upgrade. Thing is, my water temp gauge is as good as useless, and as long as I dont lose (too much) water from the expansion tank, I use the oil temps as a judge of whether to carry on giving it beans or not.

Oil temps of 90 shouldnt really preclude you from a good ol' track session!

Caveat: If you do run and your engine implodes it aint my fault!! ;)

KF79GTIR

nitrosgti-r i have a copper core rad you may be able to borrow if you get stuck if your deal doesnt go ahead with braveheart he is located in jockland pm me your number if you getstuck and we will chat. Kev.

Braveheart

nitrosgti-r said:
Braveheart. Im running around 1.3 bar on a 3071 turbo with everything lagged, including the oe manifold, turbo elbow and exhaust housing covered by a "turbo beanie" so it really shouldnt be getting 'that' hot? im based in bridgwater and if we could sort somthing out mate, that would be IDEAL! where are you based?
Collection or personal delivery is out of the question... you are at the other end of the country...
I can send the Rad off royal mail on Monday the 18th and you will have it well before the 25th.
I'm not fussed, either you send it back toot sweet or get me a replacement.
It will cost you postage there and back... that's it!
Let me know... I'm off for the weekend to British touring cars ... Sat .. Sunday .. back Monday.
Cheers,
Scott

nitrosgti-r

warrintonjack, you must be a nutter to run it that hot, but fair play to you mate and has given be renewed confidence. On checking the actual number it went up to on the guage, it was actually nearer the 100 mark but never went over that really.

Braveheart. your a ledgend for offer to do this for me mate and if i can help you out in the future just let me know. I think i will actually run it how it is for now and see how i go as after my last message i fitted an aux temp guage and would you believe it, the temp looks ok as, when connecting between the 2 guages, the last mark, or off the guage is actually only 95 deg!!!! :) Im happy with this as it means that the car was never running too hot, but im not happy as iv lost all thoes races, or track time by being a lazy tw@ and not doing this sooner!!!!

So, hope fully, panic is over. But this still remains to be seen and the track time will tell. But i am alot more confident now that i have a 'true' reading. Lesson learnt but a BIG THANKS for all you help guys :) Will be remembered :)

Shaun

A good point to remember is that standard operating temperature for the oil temp is 85deg's any way so if your only getting 90-100degs on the track then your doing really well.If your using an ester based fully synthetic then the polymers are just starting to work at around 100degs iirc and the oil is still stable at 130deg's plus so with those temps your getting i cant see any problems.

Braveheart

No Problem... hope your track day goes well.
At least you have a proper temp gauge to keep an eye on.
Take good advantage of the cool down lap and do not apply hand brake when you finish your session.
Have a goodin....!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
nitrosgti-r said:
So, hope fully, panic is over. But this still remains to be seen and the track time will tell. But i am alot more confident now that i have a 'true' reading.
Good stuff, I'm still running my standard rad (for the last time).

I’ve sent my payment via wire to Vince at Absolute. However, the rad is not going to reach me in time for Donington, but I’m taking my water spray kit with me to help keep the temps down.

MarkTurbo

nitrosgti-r said:
mark. Im racing at donnington on bank holiday monday
Have a good time mate ;-) Glad to see you didnt have a problem after all 8) You probably caused the problem fitting those bloody white dials :lol: