wanted quietish exhaust system

rams_pulsar

as title says i'm after a different exhaust as mine is now driving me mad its just too loud! would be willing to do a swap with someone if they want or just a straight sale...cash waiting...thanks

GTiR-Aholic

lol I know the feeling bud! I got frickin 5inch tail on mine.. when I'm doing long motorway journeys it's a killer!

jakeshakey

what make and size exhaust have u got, u gotto love the sound of the exhaust, sumtimes better than listening to music. but i no where ur coming from,
OLD AGE hehe

rams_pulsar

not sure on the make did think it was a mongoose but think its something else now it looks really well made so i reckon that it was expensive when new has anyone got any pics of a mongoose from underneath the car so i can compare, mine is a 3.5" straight through no boxes and a 5" tailpipe

ChrisS

I have a tanabe back box with 2.75inch cat back pipe work. Very deep sound and distinctive but overall much quiter than most GTI-r systems. Very rare too, never seen another R fitted with one.

neil240z

I have a scorpion cat back with decat pipe, think the last one went for £150 so ill put it up for that.

cheers

STU4X4

Just a thought but if you have a de-cat pipe on your car now why not just have a silencer box made to fit in there to quieten it down a little, that way if you do miss the noise you can just take it back out again?

Plenty of exhaust places will make that up and its pretty straight forward.

rams_pulsar

just found out that my exhaust despite doubts off some people it is a 3'' system alll the way through thats the reason why its about 900db lol also found the reciept from exhaustsuk for just shy of 500pound off it so dont really wanna get rid of it now just going to try n quieten it down any ideas how??

rams_pulsar

oh yeah forgot to mention that exhaustsuk have done something with the downpipe as its been cut and rewelded so its 3inch from turbo elbow back so cant just bang in a silenced decat or anything simple like that!