Wanted! Mines ECU

P

pulsarboby

The max possible RPM assuming the CPU can keep up with it is 12750 rpm.

There are two limiters in the GTi-R ECU, one of the mines ROMs I have here has the first set at 8000 and the second at 12750. - Thats unusual usually you have one a few hundred RPM higher than the other. Its basically Fuel and spark cut.

there seems to be a few differing opinions on these and it seems that none are the same, as are varying rpm limits.

what youve said there ed would kind of explain things if there are some set to 12,500 as thats as good as no rev limit on a gtir......the rockers and everything else would be smashed apart by the time it got anywhere near that rpm lol.
ive always been led to believe that a faulty batch were imported years back but whether thats true or not is another story.

i have driven a lot of cars with the mines fitted and in all honesty i think they are a great bit of kit for what you can pick them up for and if you ever want to upgrade and flog them on youll always get your wedge back as they are a noted good item. not saying the other chipped boards arent any good but its like comparing reebok to hitech trainers lol

Spikey

I had a mines on my Silvia and nothing ever sounded like it :)
Still went for a custom horsham set up in the end.

bensmith907

Hmmm... I think I may have ben Hijacked a little here :lol:

However I have learned an awful lot about ECU's this week. also I have learned that there's not very many out there that are Mines.

so still looking, probably just as well atm cos the motors just gone pants- (Idle is sitting at 1700):x

P

pulsarboby

Hmmm... I think I may have ben Hijacked a little here :lol:

However I have learned an awful lot about ECU's this week. also I have learned that there's not very many out there that are Mines.

so still looking, probably just as well atm cos the motors just gone pants- (Idle is sitting at 1700):x
what do you mean the motor has gone idle sitting at 1700 : /

bensmith907

sorry motor hasn't gone, Its still very much there! but it is now idleing @ 1700rpm

I will try the usual stuff, Im pretty sure there's a high idle thread on here.
:?

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

check all vacuum pipes first as thats the most common fault, chances are that either a rubber cap or pipe has come adrift

bensmith907

I may have let my rad water run a little low (empty tank) do you suppose this may have something to do with it? (hope this isnt the begining of something bigger)

P

pulsarboby

empty header tank or radiator?
unless the water temp rose to the red it should be ok, its possible youy may have fried the temp sensor to ecu this will cause the fans not to cut in and will affect the afr's as ecu does not know temp of engine which could cause high idle speed

bensmith907

empty header tank, fans still cut in ok and im pretty sure I didn't hit the red. (dont even think I went above normal operating temp)