Wanted! Mines ECU

johnsy

if its a mines or similar they all have a slightly higher rev setting,

don't get to hung up on it being a 'mines' ecu either you'll end up paying a premium for a name!, i had a SPL garage fukui ecu great bit of kit

, I think i saw a SPL chipped ecu on ebay for £100,might worth a look on ebay

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Seconded. 8500rpm or something like that?

I think it's simply that Mines are a known quantity; there are quite a few of them about and they've got a reputation for doing exactly what they say on the tin. - Some of the other ECUs really need to be read first so that you can see how they've been set-up (and if that's suitable for you). I agree that they're probably better value that paying for the Mines name, but you don't always know what you're getting.

P

pulsarboby

wrong the rpm limit should be 7800 i believe

there were 200 around units bought into uk which had a manufacture fault and had no rev limit at all, these have been responsible for destroying a few engines lol

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Don't think my one has a limit, I'm sure if you turn cj1 around on the circuit board it reinstalls the factory limit

Fusion Ed

If it also goes back to stock map.

I still maintain that the value of these ECU's is over rated. I have had loads of them in now and have copied the maps of everyone for my own references. The differences between the mines many others and a stock ecu are fairly small. Granted it makes a difference but no where near as good as a custom rom designed for your car.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Very true Ed. I think it's a price point though; you can buy a Mines and drop it in without paying for the daughter board or a remap for what: £150ish?
They're no use if you've modified anything much beyond the basic spec, but it's a very cheap way to squeeze more out of that.

Could you even buy the daughter board for your custom ROM for that?

bensmith907

Thanks Everyone for the imput, I think Im going to hold out for the Mines (Ive heard only good things about it) Maybe in the future I will be suited for the full custom remap route.

Fusion Ed

You could get a basic daughter board for that. I could probably make and supply "mines" conversions for about £100 fitted.

MarkTurbo

wrong the rpm limit should be 7800 i believe

there were 200 around units bought into uk which had a manufacture fault and had no rev limit at all, these have been responsible for destroying a few engines lol
Weren't they set at 85000rpm instead of 8500rpm or something stupid like that :lol:

I've seen between 7700rpm & 7800rpm on my ecu with the standard rev limit! Thats recorded both on my apexi and on my laptop hooked upto my wideband that takes its rpm signal from the ecu!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You could get a basic daughter board for that. I could probably make and supply "mines" conversions for about £100 fitted.
Now that sounds very tempting! - The idea being that they'd buy a Nistune or similar board with a basic "Fusion Stage 1" map on it, that could be overwritten with something a little better at a later date? Or would it be a burn-and-forget job (PROM as opposed to EPROM chip on it)?

johnsy

Now that sounds very tempting! - The idea being that they'd buy a Nistune or similar board with a basic "Fusion Stage 1" map on it, that could be overwritten with something a little better at a later date? Or would it be a burn-and-forget job (PROM as opposed to EPROM chip on it)?

Are you by any chance on commision?

Fusion Ed

Wouldn't be nistune the boards are relatively very expensive compared to a basic rom board, but re-tunable yes.

Fusion Ed

Weren't they set at 85000rpm instead of 8500rpm or something stupid like that :lol:

I've seen between 7700rpm & 7800rpm on my ecu with the standard rev limit! Thats recorded both on my apexi and on my laptop hooked upto my wideband that takes its rpm signal from the ecu!
The max possible RPM assuming the CPU can keep up with it is 12750 rpm.

There are two limiters in the GTi-R ECU, one of the mines ROMs I have here has the first set at 8000 and the second at 12750. - Thats unusual usually you have one a few hundred RPM higher than the other. Its basically Fuel and spark cut.