bensmith907

wanted, front mounted oil cooler with all parts needed to install

PM me or call/text 07795055304

Many thanks,

Ben

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Did you just buy the car from Boby? I would have thought he'd have an oil cooler on the shelf.

P

pulsarboby

Did you just buy the car from Boby? I would have thought he'd have an oil cooler on the shelf.
yep he did but weve got none in at the mo

hes doing some track stuff and nurburg ring so a 10 row isnt really big enough, needs to be minimum of 13 row and also front mount as he has tmic

bensmith907

hey bob thanks, 13 row got it. Have tried various breakers but am waiting for replys. there seems to be alot of top mounted out there but no front ones

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

i personally would avoid the kit above as its just another taiwan copy piece of crap plus if you read the description its only a 7 row cooler.

its one thing i would not cost cut on because if that splits you will empty your entire oil content in a matter of seconds then its goodbye engine.

as said use either a serek or mocal cooler and do not rigidly fit it as vibration can cause them to crack

JIMMYBACK

it is only seven row however it is pretty big, the quality could be better however ive seem much worse so the price i think its ok.

only time will tell

bensmith907

Info for others looking for oil coolers- 4ft was just enough to mount the oil cooler in the front. I got a 19 row Setrab in the end from Dencon in near perfect condition. so far the cooler has done me proud- after a massive session at the nurburgring it managed to keep my oil well below the half way mark all the way round the ring and the GP track three times on the trott before my brakes decided they had-had enough. thanks Dencon, pleasure doing business with you,

bensmith907

defo 4 ft, I was surprised myself, didn't think for a second it would be enough. the hoses came up under the brake fluid reservoir across the left side of the engine bay (left hand as you look at it) then mounted on the left hand in front of the radiator.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
So past all the belts? - I'd be worried they were going to catch it and split the hose.