Wanted a set of Mintex 1144

bensmith907

I got my heart set on some mintex 1144's however when I come to order them No one has the rear pads:doh:. does anyone on here have a set? I need them QUICK!

Cheers,

Ben

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You probably don't need to worry about the rear; most of the work is done at the front.

bensmith907

I did think that, but the less work the back does the more the front will have to make up for, resulting in more temp in at front. what do you think about having 1144's at the front and 1155's at the back?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Stick to 1144's all round.

This will give you a better balanced braking, also invest in braided lines all round this will give you a better "feel" when braking.

The rear brakes do quite a bit of work due to the transfer of power to the rear wheels due to the 4WD system, unlike a FWD car.

Try Demon Tweeks, they should have some rear pads in stock.

If you are doing track work then I would recommend 55's for the front or even DS2500's

bensmith907

Stick to 1144's all round.

This will give you a better balanced braking, also invest in braided lines all round this will give you a better "feel" when braking.

The rear brakes do quite a bit of work due to the transfer of power to the rear wheels due to the 4WD system, unlike a FWD car.

Try Demon Tweeks, they should have some rear pads in stock.

If you are doing track work then I would recommend 55's for the front or even DS2500's
Demon tweeks is a negative. they only have EBC's and Black Diamond

bensmith907

nope, no one has any, I think they are made to order. standard calipers BTW. (I know they need upgrading just not now)

John

nope, no one has any, I think they are made to order. standard calipers BTW. (I know they need upgrading just not now)
Who is a mintex dealer in your local area? They should have no issue in sourcing the 1144's for you as I got a new set all round from my local mintex dealer. If you dont have a authorised dealer locally why not just directly contact mintex and they well be able to sort you out with a set or direct you to a dealer who definately has a set in stock (or should do).

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Who is a mintex dealer in your local area? They should have no issue in sourcing the 1144's for you as I got a new set all round from my local mintex dealer. If you dont have a authorised dealer locally why not just directly contact mintex and they well be able to sort you out with a set or direct you to a dealer who definately has a set in stock (or should do).
Just a note too, I'm not sure if Mintex will have rear pads on the shelf (as there not big sellers), I know I've had to wait a week or two for my pads when ordering from Mintex?

bensmith907

Im looking for a fast road car with occasional track. more importantly Im off to the ring next week hence the rush.

John

Just a note too, I'm not sure if Mintex will have rear pads on the shelf (as there not big sellers), I know I've had to wait a week or two for my pads when ordering from Mintex?
Yeah, I should of mentioned that I guess but Mintex still should be to give you an indication of which of their dealers would possibly be carrying stock if they arent able to get them out in a suitable time frame as buisness is buisness.

Andy is probably the man to ask about brake pads, but from my experiences of the 1144's they do tend to fade after any sort of extended period on track. If your going to be using your R on the Ring then I would possibly look into something a bit more heat resistant such as the 1155's or the Carbotechs (people seem to rave about them on here) XP8's. I'm sure Andy will be more than willing to impart some of his knowledge if you ask him here or via PM!

P

pulsarboby

we just fitted an engine to a guys car whos running in nippon challenge
completely stock (other than engine).....no big brake conversion just ebc pads, no under braces, small restricted turbo, quiet exhaust, standard g/box and he finished 2nd in class at castle combe recently and is at brands this friday and saturday

just goes to prove you dont necessarily need all this stuff to put in good times