walbro

gtir bean

i fitted a walbro pump the other day and now the car turns over for longer before it starts.anyone else noticed this?

M

Mr Overboooost

did you use the pickup suplied with the pump or did you use the long standard one?

cheers
gary

nismoboy

u should have re- used the standard one as it sits closer to the bottom of the tank and the fuel pick up is therefore quicker

gtir bean

i may have a look at it tomorow.the pump is not exactly a precise fit either.some cable ties sorted that out thou.the length of the pickup should make no differance unless its low on fuel and the fuel runs away from the pump.its obviously in the fuel at start up but just takes a llittle longer untill it fires.

gtir bean

it done this once today,turned over for a few seconds before it would start.its as if the pump is not primeing the fuel system enough or something.it never done this with the standard pump.

J

jimmymc

mine does that aswell dunno why it does it tho? i dont really bother about it , its not as if id be doing anything exciting in the extra seconds it takes to start :lol:
cheers jimmymc

E

EVOGUN

I think its due to the size of the walbro, its so tiny that its little motor takes a sec to spin up and pressurize the system. :lol: