Valve Shims discounted

J

jpward

Hello all I asked my engine builder about our shims and rocker guides in a bid to get them made up and so far he has came back to say he can deffinatly offer the shims at £10+ P&P which should only be couple pound for whole set and delivery in about a week as he mainly supplies shims for bikes you will know these will be a good job

He is still trying to get the rocker guides replicated but they are a bitch to make so nothing concrete at the moment watch this space :thumbsup:

O

Odin

jpward said:
Hello all I asked my engine builder about our shims and rocker guides in a bid to get them made up and so far he has came back to say he can deffinatly offer the shims at £10+ P&P which should only be couple pound for whole set and delivery in about a week as he mainly supplies shims for bikes you will know these will be a good job

He is still trying to get the rocker guides replicated but they are a bitch to make so nothing concrete at the moment watch this space :thumbsup:

Good work JP :thumbsup: .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

yes that would be good if you can get them made up.
well done fella!

J

jpward

pulsarboby said:
yes that would be good if you can get them made up.
well done fella!
Bobby as i am sure you have shimmed a few now is there any sizes more frequently used?

P

pulsarboby

youve got me there jp.

tbh mate i cant remember as ive used bits of feeler gauges in those that ive shimmed, but its no substitute for the proper thing if you can get hold of them at reasonable prices.

thing is, every single car and valve is different. if valves have been lapped in at some stage then they will be different again, so hes got to be able to do the full range really, or at least a good 3/4 of them

J

jpward

pulsarboby said:
youve got me there jp.

tbh mate i cant remember as ive used bits of feeler gauges in those that ive shimmed, but its no substitute for the proper thing if you can get hold of them at reasonable prices.

thing is, every single car and valve is different. if valves have been lapped in at some stage then they will be different again, so hes got to be able to do the full range really, or at least a good 3/4 of them
He can do any size it was just may be cheaper for more of the same size as they would be quicker to make not haveing to reset the shim machine thingy mebob a doofer :lol:

O

Odin

jpward said:
He can do any size it was just may be cheaper for more of the same size as they would be quicker to make not having to reset the shim machine thingy mebob a doofer :lol:

I reckon every paid member should maybe contribute to buying a load of these things, I don't need any after just having my engine rebuilt but I'm more than happy to help pay for a supply to help everybody else out, You never know I might need them myself one day.

This could be a way of fulfilling our idea we had of a shim bank ;-) , That we came up with a couple of years ago but never made it to fruition :oops: .

JP could be the bank manager :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

J

jpward

Odin said:
I reckon every paid member should maybe contribute to buying a load of these things, I don't need any after just having my engine rebuilt but I'm more than happy to help pay for a supply to help everybody else out, You never know I might need them myself one day.

This could be a way of fulfilling our idea we had of a shim bank ;-) , That we came up with a couple of years ago but never made it to fruition :oops: .

JP could be the bank manager :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Sounds like a possible idea as everyone has always got ones left when they reshim or split an engine and my engine builder can remeasure them to make sure they are still within specs but still trying to see about the guides as they could still be hard to get :?

O

Odin

I did had a whole set of shims and guides left over from my engine build, I just phoned Agra to get them back and was told that they used them in a ford :shock: , He converted his zetec to use pulsar valves apparently :shock: :doh: .

Rob

GINGA

Well I'm sure he was going to pay you for them and not just take them and hope you don't ask for them back :roll:

J

jpward

Odin said:
I did had a whole set of shims and guides left over from my engine build, I just phoned Agra to get them back and was told that they used them in a ford :shock: , He converted his zetec to use pulsar valves apparently :shock: :doh: .

Rob
Ermm ok then :-o

I would not be to happy about that!

O

Odin

jpward said:
Ermm ok then :-o

I would not be to happy about that!

No I'm not as I told them myself, I said their like £17 a shim and he just said oh well we didn't sell them to him, But just gave them away :doh: , I said but they where not yours to give away :evil: :roll: .

Nothing I can do I suppose.

Rob

J

jpward

Odin said:
No I'm not as I told them myself, I said their like £17 a shim and he just said oh well we didn't sell them to him, But just gave them away :doh: , I said but they where not yours to give away :evil: :roll: .

Nothing I can do I suppose.

Rob
I would make sure to get either those or the value back ;-)