Urgent help please!!!!

S

shaun999

Please help me Guys!!!My car died on me yesterday. I was driving along and I had a few bad misfires then it finally died. I tried starting it. On about the 10th time I finally got it going and made it home (1/2 mile Journey). Tried starting it this morning and it does not want to know. It seems to fire up for about 3 seconds then dies. Any ideas what this could be? The plugs are getting fuel, I am getting a spark from the dizzy cap. How about the Idle control valve? Fuel pump?

Thanks
Shaun

S

shaun999

Hi

Hi. I have just checked I have a spark from each coil pack and I also have loads of fuel coming through

S

shaun999

Compression is good at 10bar per cylinder.. I have changed the dizzy cap, rotor arm and the ignition leads and I still have the problem. Fuel pressure is fine at least 3bar.
What about the MAF could that be faulty, temp sensor?

Any more idea please guys.

S

shaun999

The car now starts up and idles 100% from cold.

The care seems to be idling ok now (ish for a little while) When I take it for a drive is still seems a little hesitant. When I drive it 1st and 2nd gear on boost seem ok, but when you change from high rpm from 2nd to 3rd and them accerate hardish is really does not like it at all (very chocked, kangeroo like, over fuelling maybe?) After this blast the idle then seems very very low (500rpm) and very very lumpy almost to stalling point....?

Any ideas guys please? I think it is getting a bad reading from somewhere and maybe over fuelling (MAF, Lambda???)

Thanks in advance

Bart GTI-R

Have you checked all vacuum lines, throttle caps (the ones that blow off if you've removed the EGR pipes, worth a look!!

John

shaun999 said:
Hi
Can you fault code an apexi power fc?
You can monitor pretty much every sensor in the engine bay though, so you could see there if its a sensor pipe. More likely to be a pipe come lose somewhere tho.