Urgent help needed !! Wobbly Wheel !!

c4cpa

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing play in my front right wheel.

By play, i mean that when the car is stationary with all wheels on the ground, i can slightly move the front right wheel back and forth while the others don't budge at all :shock: :evil:

I also notice a bit of a juder on pull away!

Any help or suggestions on what to check would be great as it's worrying me.

Cheers,
Colin.

J

jiw

bottom ball joint track rod end and ball joint, also check the 2 through bolts at the bottom of the strut are tight, jeff

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Jack it up and check the wheel.
Rock it at the 3 and 9 o clock positions and check for play (track rod ends)
Rock it at 6 and 12 o clock and check for play in the bottom ball joint.
Check for play in both of the above (wheel bearing)
Also check the wheel doesn't physically move back and forth in the wheel arch. (serious suspension problems)
Also grab the driveshaft and try rotating the wheel back and forth (play in cv joint)
If all else fails, check your wheel nuts and driveshaft nuts are tight

c4cpa

cheers guys,

Will get it jacked up and check all of these at the weekend. Will let you know what it is once i've found it !!

Colin.

c4cpa

suspension is solid, iv'e just changed cv boot because it split so thought i'd check bits mentioned above but not really sure what to look for !!

This is the direction of play in the wheel when on the ground - none of the others do it. it's only a small amount but i still know it's there and it shouldn't be!!

Could this be the cv joint ??

C

clive760

ooo

c4cpa said:
suspension is solid, iv'e just changed cv boot because it split so thought i'd check bits mentioned above but not really sure what to look for !!

This is the direction of play in the wheel when on the ground - none of the others do it. it's only a small amount but i still know it's there and it shouldn't be!!

Could this be the cv joint ??
or wheel bearing may be