URGENT -- BLOWN TURBO??? --

R

rx7rotary

Hi,

Raced a mitsi vr4 off the lights, first gear, left him behind, thats not the point, second gear, and all i heaaaaar is psssssssssssssssssssss just hear the air filter sucking the air hard when i press acellerator pedal, no turbo kick in, can see boost is fine on the gauge, but no pull and its just pssssssssssssssssssss, standard blow off standard everything. No power from the turbo, engine running fine, no smoke, just there is not turbo to pull. What could it be? Any loose pipes I should look at? Couldnt be anything to do with the blow off? It is all factory except k&n filter.

???????please help...
Regards

paz

Sounds like it could be a boost leak. Sorry the informations a bit sparse, but I don't know ho you check it, sure one of the others will help you out.

Either that or the actuator could be stuck open, don't know if that happens a lot with R's.

Paz

R

rx7rotary

Thanks alot Paz, I will have a look around tonite as soon as i finish work, take I/c off and look for loose pipes, also was told it could be the spark plugs or leads? dunno... but much appreciated man thanks:)

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

sound like its deffo a boost leak. Same what happened to me when my intercooler had a hole in it except it would make boost then fall off straight away :evil:

M

memski

Yeah, will run like shit if it's a big leak (i.e ic pipe has blown off, done that many a time racing up the A2 :lol:)

geetee

Check the actuator rod hasn't come off the wastgate valve.

It's only held on by a cruddy little spring clip.

Happened to me... you get no boost as the wastegate just opens all the time.

It IS possible to replace the clip without removing the manifold or tubby - but it is a bit fiddly to say the least :)

But then u say the boost is fine on the gauge???? Is this the standard gauge? Surely, the gauge is plumbed in somewhere on one of the lines from the inlet plenum. - so if boost is showing on ur gauage then you have boost at the inlet plenum. ru sure the guage is showing boost??

Otherwise it could be a pipe blown off somewhere, ic holed, DV stuck open, cracked compressor housing (although it would have to be a major housing hole to get no boost at all!).

CHeers
GeeTee 8)

R

rx7rotary

Guys you are all legends, and thanks alot for all the replyes:)

It was just a top I/C pipe came off a little bit, i checked in dark last night couldnt see it came off by couple of mm, this morning, put it back on , and off we go....:)

Thanks to everyone, really glad there is so much support for GTI-Rs.

Owe u all a drink.

Cheers

Marko NZ

geetee

fooook - I'm officially a legend..... it's in black and white :lol:

not so sure about the NZ beer though.

nuff said

Glad u got it sorted!

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

R

rx7rotary

cheers GeeTee
all good:)

NZ beer is good man....

My shout when u come over.

Thanks again:)

geetee

hmm....

1 flight to NZ or 6 months beer....hmmm

nuff said!

mind the sheep - I have some GTiR specific cattle bars if you want them.

Cheers GeeTee 8)

Websnowbo

rx7rotary said:
Owe u all a drink
I didn't help but i'll be in NZ the end of September so i can drink the other boys beer.

One question is it true the sheep wear chastity belts over there?

paz

rx7rotary said:
Guys you are all legends, and thanks alot for all the replyes:)

It was just a top I/C pipe came off a little bit, i checked in dark last night couldnt see it came off by couple of mm, this morning, put it back on , and off we go....:)

Thanks to everyone, really glad there is so much support for GTI-Rs.

Owe u all a drink.

Cheers

Marko NZ
Nice one Marko, glad you got it sorted fella ;)

paz

A

Anonymous

i had exactly the same problem once but it just stopped :?

R

rx7rotary

Offcourse guys anytime you are coming to NZ, let me know I will make sure u get enough alky and food and good accomodation.

I am off snowboarding next week, season has started... If anyone is coming to snowboard in NZ let me know.

All the best

Marko
NZ