Uploading E-Manage Update File

Nigell_d6

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Just a query before I mess things up,

i run using e-manage blue and when connecting the lap top have been asked to update the file, pretty normal according to info, however if i do this, when the update has been installed on the unit, will all the settings previously mapped in have to be done again or will they remain so that I can upload to my computer.

any help will be very much appreciated,

Regards

Nigel

A

AJ4

I would say if your only updating the core software then the data / maps etc should be untouched.

Can you backup all the data first anyway, just incase you have to manually re-renter it ?

F

Fusion Ed

Maps will remain as they are now, your safe to upload new firmware.

Simmo

Make sure you apply firmware 1.49 as 1.48 and below has quite a major injector bug in it.

Nigell_d6

Thanks for that, id done searches on nearly all sites including e-manage forums with no luck and without some sort of info was reluctant to go ahead, just incase

Cheers,

Nigel

Nigell_d6

Cheers,

The bug that is present in 1.48 and below, wouldn't be anything to do with accepting larger injectors would it, reason for query, I have fitted 660cc injectors but data from main unit still states 400cc, bear with me if you could at moment as feeling my way a little bit as car was set up by others but now am finding out what was done or not as some major fuel changers are necessary,

The update file version I am on at moment is 1.4 with 1.2 support tool
regards

Nigel

F

Fusion Ed

The support tool should be 1.48 and the firmware 1.48 as well.

The older bugs were to do with injector duty cycle reporting, not scaling. There are no current bugs with 1.48 that I have problems with on pulsars, and you will be fine upto 720cc injectors, although you may begin to have idle problems with anything larger.

Ed

Nigell_d6

Fusion Ed said:

The older bugs were to do with injector duty cycle reporting, not scaling. There are no current bugs with 1.48 that I have problems with on pulsars, and you will be fine upto 720cc injectors, although you may begin to have idle problems with anything larger.

Ed
Cheers for that, will sort out,

have been onto the mappers as to why the injector size was not uprated within the software and waiting response,

Regards

Nigel

Simmo

Fusion Ed said:

Ed
Do you mean 1.48 or 1.49? :)