upgrades

S

s18rra

right ive got a few mods on my r but want to go to the next stage so im after the following and if anyone can suggest anything else then please do.
-upgraded fuel pump
-boost controller
-3" downpipe/elbow
-bigger injectors

thanks

S

s18rra

i already have a xs power fmic, d2 coilovers, apexi filter, decat with goose exhaust and baileys dump valve

S

s18rra

well at the moment i want to keep standard internals and turbo so im hoping for anywhere between 300 350bhp

davey red.r

s18rra said:
well at the moment i want to keep standard internals and turbo so im hoping for anywhere between 300 350bhp
a 2.5" downpipe is well sufficiant for the figures you are after,
put that £200+which is what it would be, custom made for a 3"downpipe,
and get some 264cams which will give you more grunt above 3000rpm.

davey

S

s18rra

so are you saying that i should keep the standard downpipe as ive heard it is very restrictive and i could see upto 20bhp extra with a 3"
what power will the cams be or is it just for quicker response.

EVOBAD

&you will not need the injectors either strd ones should be fine,the strd turbo will strugle to get 350bhp

5GTIR

I think you need to do a little more research before just chucking parts on that you think or have been told are good. You will need supporting mods to run bigger injectors if thats the way you want to go. There is plenty of tuning information on here but go and speak to a tuning house if you want to learn about how to increase the output of your engine. There are many recipes for the sort of power you are after. Good luck and dont be fooled by pub talk

gtir_pimp

dont forget you will need your ecu mapped when you fit bigger injectors and if your going for them then you might aswell get the z32 maf while your there. if i was you i would probably fit a walboro pump and then get a boost controller set up on the rolling road. you will see a big difference and might be happy with that power instead of getting the injectors just yet

boucherie

i think you need to have a good think about what exactly you are hoping for from your car and what your going to use it for. The reason i say that is because if you are planning on using the stock internals then as a minimum i would say you need:

Fuel Pump
Injectors - 600cc minimum
Boost Controller

The reason i have mentioned injectors is simple - yes the standard ones would probably get you there but you need to factor in a safety margin should the car overboost or you decide to upgrade other components at a later date.

With regards to the exhaust i was using a stock elbow when mine was mapped made 358.4bhp) and when this was replaced with the 3" elbow the car made another 21bhp on the old map.

If like me you want to see just what you can get out of the standard engine then go for:

Fuel Pump upgrade
GT3071r
3" elbow and downpipe
800cc injectors
Power FC or another ECU capable of being mapped easily
Boost Controller
Z32 (although i never got round to fitting mine)

even on the mods at the top of the list you will get 300bhp at around 1.2bar and that wont be putting undue stresses on the engine - If however you drive the car like you stole it or just have no respect for the engine then i would save up for the rebuild!!