*UPDATED* Checkerflag and Tomei and their product.

Nad

Jobi Joba said:
I also have Tomei ones...but pulleys can be fitted on all camshafts...
Nah I wouldnt put mine near any other set of so called cams :wink: :lol:

Nad

R

robinsongtir

Spoke to my mate last night he assured me that he can get Ferrera valve springs for the GTi-R however he needs to check that they are compatible witht the standard GTi-R retainers which I shoiuld find out very soon as he has the retainers ready to check.If no then to use the Ferrera valve springs you would have to buy there titanium retainers and spring locators.If there is enough intrest in this I could arrange a group buy to make it cheaper.The price for the kit including the sprins,locators and titanium retainers works out to roughly £450 for the one order.I will try and arrange a deal if there is enough people willing to buy them.I will try and find out if the valve springs will fit on the std retainers first

R

robinsongtir

just got a quote back for the Ferrea valve springs on there own which works out to £200.that is all the message says so I am assuming they will fit the standard GTi-R retainers I have asked him to verify this.
I will be ordering titanium retainers and spring locators anyway so can whoever wants whatever PM because he has said the more we order the cheaper the total price

Nad

Yeah I will but if they say they fit and then dont what they gonna do. Can u get a part number of him so we can double check ( or Nikko can ;) ) with Ferrera.

Ta

Nad

zia

there is way you can check if the springs will defintely work at 12mm lift! but am sure you lot are aware of this and how to do it? :lol:

zia

Nad

Well when the company who make them say they dont I was kinda going with them, as Mark from Abbey said they may start binding at 11.8mm hence the .2mm may make the difference.

Nad

R

robinsongtir

quote from my mate in NZ " Yes the Ferrea special alloy spring I use will fit the stock GTi-r retainer,
but you will need to use seat locators"
these have been checked in the last couple of days I am going to go ahead and order mine and whoever else wants them on sunday night I am going to get the Ferrea titanium retainers as well.I asked about the option of using the std retainers to cut down on the cost if people didn't want the extra cost.obviously trying to get the part number is not gonna happen because we could then just go direct to Ferrea and get them cheaper.My Brother got cams from him for his toyota Starlet turbo when every other company didn't make them for his car basically whatever car they have an appilcation for his cams are 292duration 9mm lift as well :shock: :D

skiddusmarkus

Peter-can you get him to put it into writing that we can have all or money back if they don't fit?For peace of mind really as if they don't,we're fekked.

R

robinsongtir

I will mention that to him on sunday when I get all the orders conifrmed from people I will put everything on my card anyway if they don't fit which won't happen you will get your money back don't worry about it.