Unichip....

J

justin666

Had anyone had one of these and then since taken it out..???

Wanna take mine out as I have managed to blag an APEX AFC but am just checking its easy enough to remove as it looks.! Im guessin you just unsplice the thing out of the ECU and its job done correct..??

One concern here tho, I tried to just unplug the unichip the other day and with it disconnected the car wouldnt start. :shock: Plug unichip back in and it started.! Down to this unexpected occurance i have been a bit aprehensive about just unsplicing the thing incase the car then wont start.!!

Any ideas.??

Cheers
J...

Uncle Winnet

did this a bit a go on Sweeny car all you have to is un do the wires and join them back up if you just un plug the thing it will not start

john

nismoboy

Yes its as easy as that, i removed my uni s h i t its easy to do just unsplice all the wires, make sure u connect them all back up nice and secure.

J

justin666

Nice one Guys.. :D Thanks for that :D

A job for the weekend me thinks.!

Cheers
J

Any chance you can keep a track of where the wires went (unless you got a wirin diagram).
A friend of mine has bought a unichip 2nd hand but with no instructions how to wire it up.
Thanx, Ben

J

justin666

No probs. Was gonna note down what came from where anyway just incase i fudged it up and had to stick it back in :shock: As soon as I have all the details I will PM you mate. Should be getting stuck into it either tomorrow or Thursday :D

Laters
J.

G

GTiRsalter

i too could do with knowing which wires go where.
got a unichip in the shed when it should be in the car.

ian.

J

justin666

Sorry guys, Didnt get time to do it, Spent to much time pi55in about with the Teins and my new strut braces :D So assumin I had a decent fuel map I could go round corners really quick now :D :twisted:

Hopefully this weekend or early next week guys. Sorry for being rubbish.!

Laters
J

Stevo

do unichips have a reset button anywhere?
mine sometime wont start or idle but if i do the reset on ecu with a paper clip it works ok. i just wanna take unchip out and put it back in.

where they normally fitted?

J

justin666

Unichip is normally found taped to the top of the ECU as its all nice and close to the wiring loom to get the thing spliced in. Pretty sure they dont have a reset tho as the map is only accessable via the unichip software so what you have on there is what you get, until you get it remapped.

It doesnt sound like a unichip problem tho to me. May be wrong there tho. Just go get your map checked to see. Maybe the timing setup is out on the unichip for startup and idle.

J

J

justin666

Speciallist mate.. ie, any tuning company that deals in unichips. They normally map them on a rolling road but I know of a few that map it out on the road wiv a laptop... Penty of places around that can do it, Just none Near me.!!!! :twisted:

J..