underdrive waterpump pulleys

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
One thing I forgot to ask before....Is low speed engine cooling affected at all. ie does the engine want to overheat with a slower running pump?

red reading

Carl it's only turning about 8/10% slower so i very much doubt it,when the car is sitting off boost it's a low compression engine that does not generate as much heat as say a sr20ve which has the same pump,i have never heard of any cooling problems from these at all.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Oh right, I thought they were turning alot slower. I thought the pump started cavitating about 6000rpm and if this is moved to over 8000, then that is 33% up. Maybe I've got the wrong initial rpm?

red reading

From the research i heard it was nearer rpm for pump cavitation and if you go to mm bigger than stock (that% ish) then thats the cavitaition point raised toish ,i'm going which is which should give the cavi point at rpm Hence my term of cavi point at just under 8000rpm,

At the end of the day if people want them they will be cheaper than the £56 from the states and the £26 you get charged by custom's to release them (total of £82 for a pulley??) and larger than the g-spec too. I will only ask for the money's when they are being made (so i don't get messed about with payment and end up with a load of pulley's) And i am only doing this once for people if i get messed about on any part's i will stop any other thing's i have in the pipeline being made for anyone except me and a few member's who know how bloody hard (and time consuming!)it is to get this kind of thing made at a decent price.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

danny from what ive seen of the g spec jobbies you would be best to stick to that size and go no bigger!
1) because you can still use the existing drive belt....just
2) if you go any larger you will have to modify the p/s pump pulley as they will hit each other.....with the g spec theres just about enough clearance between the two and its a straight bolt on upgrade although their site may say different!

RO_SUNNY

the g spec are 15mm larger than standard pulley and they completely stop cavitation which occurs on standard pulley when cars constantly in excess of 5k rpm

very good upgrade for those doing trackdays etc and if danny can get these knocked up for similar or cheaper than g spec then well worth buying.
if you buy from the states you run the risk of paying an extra £26 import duty as i did:doh:
That means 15mm plus the original diameter of the original gtir water pump pulley?

red reading

Not being mean, why should i do the hard work for everyone else to just copy it! development cost's money.

By the time i have had the pulleys made and posted i will make sweet f.a!! i'm only doing these parts as the car need's them and we get ripped off for them. it is not the same as the g-spec one and that is as much as i am going to say.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

I don't know how to mate since the forums been changed, the laptops playing up so i'm on the ps3 and there's no option too delete in my private messages anymore ?? I hate change lol.

Have room on the other site though, apologies for the hassle dude, i know it does my swede typing messages for nothing.

red reading

I don't know how to mate since the forums been changed, the laptops playing up so i'm on the ps3 and there's no option too delete in my private messages anymore ?? I hate change lol.

Have room on the other site though, apologies for the hassle dude, i know it does my swede typing messages for nothing.
ok sent reply on the mod site