uncontrolled boost ?

N

newbie2

hi, before my engine was rebuilt it used to run 1.2 bar of boost and hold it to the red line.
now after its been rebuilt it is going upto 1.5 bar so i turned off the greddy profec b boost controller and its still doing exactly the same.
as the revs rise so does the boost, it doesnt stop at 1.2bar like it used to it keeps on rising with the revs !!
what could be wrong ?

N

newbie2

i did have a boost leak when my car was hesitating on boost last week which was the crap bov that was fitted, i was told to block the hose off that goes to bov to see if it fixed the problem and it did.
so i still have that hose blocked off, could this hose beeing blocked off be the problem ? or could the bov still be the problem ?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check the boost line from the plenum to under the top mount (if fitted) to the wastegate actuator is fitted. It's a favourite for that to be left off.

N

newbie2

yeah i will check that in the morning when its light, thanks

N

newbie2

checked all hoses today and all seems fine, went for a run in the car and noticed that the boost reading on my boost controller was different to the reading on the hks boost gauge.
after 30 mins the hks gauge started to show 5psi on idle ! so im assuming the fault is with the hks gauge.