Umbrella holders

vpulsar

Hello people, Has anybody fitted an umbrella holder to a later car ?, I wouldn't imagine that it's that hard a job. In fact I'd like to fit one in each side of my new motor but I'm sure they're sided but there were some left hand drive pulsars I believe so it's maybe possible.

Rob

vss irvine

No lhd pulsars were ever made. Lhd cars were all sunnys and didnt have umbrellas.

2 sections will be needed from 2 umbrella shells as they need to be welded in.

The holders sit in a bit so they dont sit proud too much. Im sure it can be done.

lakeview

I've seen a few l reg cars with them in so someone's done a few
Though one was done very well and the other one looked like it had been done after having at least 15 pints before he started doing it

vpulsar

No lhd pulsars were ever made. Lhd cars were all sunnys and didnt have umbrellas.

2 sections will be needed from 2 umbrella shells as they need to be welded in.

The holders sit in a bit so they dont sit proud too much. Im sure it can be done.

OK mate I'll have to give it some thought then, Will have to start looking for someone breaking an early shell willing to cut the section out before they scrap the shell.

Rob

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
The holder is just an insert, so it's only your car that will need cutting.

kirko

ive done one it was easy i made a template from another car for the cut out and
slotted it in...
i think i used the metal hanger which i had from the donor car
it was along time ago (11 years) but as far as i can remember not a problem

vpulsar

ive done one it was easy i made a template from another car for the cut out and
slotted it in...
i think i used the metal hanger which i had from the donor car
it was along time ago (11 years) but as far as i can remember not a problem

Cheers buddy doesn't to much of a work up.

Rob

vpulsar

Just keep the umbrella in the boot.
Sorted :)

Shut it you! I don't want to get wet while I get it out the boot I want it in the door shut because I think it's cool, I want one in each shut so my passenger can have one to.

Rob

oldaneal

Wont the little door on the holder be facing the wrong way if its the passenger side, think its designed to close with the door if its left open, not be snapped off ?

vpulsar

Wont the little door on the holder be facing the wrong way if its the passenger side, think its designed to close with the door if its left open, not be snapped off ?

Yeah not sure about the passenger side maybe it could be turned upside down.

Rob