twin turbo????

jap-jet

not sure man someone in japan...
i have a pic of the engine bay if you have a email address i can send it to so you can put it up....

A

Anonymous

Ahem... I actually owned a twin turbo Pulsar... My brother (aircraft engineer) built the manifold.. Took a little persuasion to make it all fit.. The turbo's used were of the CA18, or two CA18s..
The reason he did it was cos someone said a) it couldn't be done and b) if you did it would go stink..

Anyway, it went pretty damn good.. Came on boost violently and flowed a lot of air..

S

Sirnixalot

it can be done yes....not easy but possible.

also 2 turbos arent better than one. I bet if you measured the pressure in the exhaust manifold it would be a shit load higher than a properly sized single turbo. Not to mention the manifold design would have been far from ideal for exhaust gas flow and more to suit the turbos location in such a tight space.

This means a few things....since the runners will probably be short and perpendicular this will raise the resistance to the exhaust gasses and cause a high exhaust manifold pressure, this will lead to a little more exhaust gas reversion and ALOT of heat in the engine bay.

Just ask an RX7, Supra or Skyline onwer who has switched to a single turbo how much cooler their engine compartment is.

Possible but impractical...if you are rich and bored or have the skills and materials and would preffer wasting your efforts on a ugly manifold rather than make a few proper ones for the rest of us cheapskates yeah sure...

A

Anonymous

I'm not saying it's better than a single.. Just that it's been done, and it went well..

The round about reason that it got twin turbos is that my brother bought it as a write-off (lamp post indent in the front) and rebuilt it.. on it's first outing it didn't boost up at all.. So off came the turbo and it turns out it was bent in the impact.. So my brother being how he is thought "Hey, I've got these 2 CA18 units sitting here (he hoards that kind of stuff) I'll chuck these on for a laugh"

And thats why....