twin turbo????

JIMMYBACK

wots the chances of me being able to put another turbo on my pulsar??? is it possible??? n wot sort if modifications would i need to do to make this possible :D :D please answer this has been buggin me for ages

S

Sirnixalot

pointless.....utterly pointless. waste of money time and good welding talent.

you can bearly fit a proper manifold and turbo in the pulsars virginal engine compartment...much less 2.

Another point.....i am a bit cynical but bear with me.

I bet you arent willing to spend 600-800gbp on a proper equal length manifold for a single turbo.

If i am wrong then i guess you will be willing to spend twice that on just the manifold to fit 2 turbos. Not to mention the turbos them selves. then there is the question of the radiator.....you sure as hell wont be able to keep it in the front that means a block off plate for the origional water pump and an electric one with custom rad and ducting with about 20ft of hose to run and burst. then there is the intercooler and the piping...hahahah work that one out.

all for nothing...all the weight and complexity you have added will amplify the terminal understeer AND reduce any chance of you driving anything called reliable.

get a proper manifold...hell even polish up your standard one, a nice ball bearing turbo and compliment it with a good engine managment, fuel system, ignition and dyno tune it.

You want response and balls to the back of your throat power.....get JWT's stroker (2.4l) or a company called Golden Eagle will be making a 2.7L kit as well (deck plate, liners, custom timing chain....lots of machining) and an Garret GT42.

But as said above i doubt you will shell out for it...its just not practical.

JIMMYBACK

twin turbo

:D surely two is better than one?? or is beause the engine cannot cope with more force induction???? lack of cylinders possibly :wink:

S

Sirnixalot

you would gain nothing by adding another pulsar turbo.....nothing. see statments above

JIMMYBACK

:D :D dunno wot happened to my brower but i only got half of your explanation!!!! just read the second half and im interested in 2.7 stroker kit fantastic tell me more :D :D :wink:

O

Odin

them yanks are mad mad mad :shock:.

i'd like to see the rods that gowith that kit :?: :lol:

A

AJ4

This is starting to piss me off ! I buy a 2.2 just before they bring out a 2.4, So I'm just about to buy the 2.4 and someone brings out a 2.7l !!! Aaagghh, when will it end ???? :D:D:D

Websnowbo

Fook the rod's i'd like to know how the rods will clear the bottoms of the liners, and how the crank will clear the block.

JIMMYBACK

yer i think the car u was talking about had two turbos.... the bit i thought strange was they were two differant sizes, one to spool up quicker (lower rev range) one bigger one( high end revs) lots of electronic wizardre in there as well me thinks :evil:

S

Sirnixalot

look.....2 is not always better than one. You properly spec out your engine parameters and find the turbo that matches your goal and you will kick the shit out of a twin turbo version of the same r any time.

I dont think you fully understand the complexity of what you are dreaming about. You cant fit a freaking BOV in the R's engine bay without relocating the battery!

the oil and water lines...those will be fun...sure youcan just t the oil supply and water lines but what about the oil return...will you drill and tap another hole in the block, only to do it and drill through an oil passage or go straight into the main cap girdle.

Intercooler plumbing....try fitting a front mount for a single and then ask your self how the hell you plan to fit twice the pipe.

you will either have to build a common intake for the twins so you can keep a single MAF, bearing in mind the maf piping needs to locate the maf at least 18 inches from the turbos. You would be better of converting to a standalone that runs off a MAP sensor....lets see those cold starts ey? and lets face it....you guys dont know what warm weather is lol.

then it comes to the exhaust.....HAHAHAHAHAHA try fitting 2 pipes and getting anything you know as ground clearance. God help you if you are thinking about external wastegates. You would have to sacrifice the powersteering to move the alternator back there just to get space, not to mention the AC system would be left out in the cold as well.

You want response? The you stroke it, raise the compression and run less boost on pump gas.

I want to see any twin turbo lard bucket of an R keep with me on a circuit.

M

mikeyg

Couldn't agree more, two turbos??!! It would be easier to try brain surgery!!!!! :)

JIMMYBACK

do luck skyline

:D ok guys wot about the do luck skyline it does 0-60 in 2.98 seconds and top end of 225mph only because of the gearing it would do more but it would loose acceleration.......wait a minute it has two turbos :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

S

Sirnixalot

apples to oranges.

wait a minute...its easier on a GTR and what 2 turbos was it running? 2 of the same size i bet....just like the standard GTR who's twin setup IS NOT sequential.

im done with this now..waste your money