Turbo's

Trip

From standard car to 350bhp you need the following

Turbo GT2860rs or gt2871R or similar
Programmable ECU (Nistune or Power-fc are the most common)
550cc injectors
Z32maf
Boost controller (AVCR)
Uprated fuel pump
Uprated intercooler
Uprated exhaust from turbo to rear.
Uprated Clutch
Other supporting mods such as Actuator, manifold gaskets, silicon hoses, hose clamps

You also need to consider the health of your engine and you might just get away with changing the headgasket. Also the standard gearbox if not abused "should" be enough. While at it, you should also consider checking the ignition parts such as HT leads, distributor and change your plugs to a step colder (cheap copper plugs)

If you are after used parts, look in the for sale section for members breaking their own car or other breakers such as PulsarBobby.

Really a standard gearbox will handle 1000 Bhp see the thing is I want it reasonably quick round 350 bhp but I want it realiable as well I wanna be able to take it 2 Santa pod as well for a good thrashing every now and again??

Trip

It was an ironic answer :) if you can ever (never) get that power out of the lump and drive it below 4Krpm (no boost) the gearbox will cope :)

gtir_pimp

you can get around 350bhp with a standard turbo. if youre running standard power jumping to 350 is quite a jump if youre not used to fast cars. why not just buy a fuel pump and boost controller, have it set up and you could get 280-300. £400 should get all that supllied, fitted and set up. then get the other bits. you will always want more power

John

If you want something you can launch all day long then your bought the wrong Nissan. An R box "can" take big power but they really do not like big power when your doing standing launches.

Saying that some people run stock boxes with big power and launch it all the time and dont have problems where as others break boxes for fun. Personally if you use it with a bit of respect the stock box should last with over 350bhp.

John

Just under 400 with a stock box, however I have a Quaife to go in when it dies. I dont however launch it.

gtir_pimp

mine is 333 at 1.1 bar standard turbo, which will go to 1.4bar! standard box is all good. soon i will be running very big power on a quaiffe box but it aint bullet proof!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I want it reasonably quick round 350 bhp but I want it realiable as well I wanna be able to take it 2 Santa pod as well for a good thrashing every now and again??
Is there any particular reason you've picked this 350BHP figure; is it just a number you like?
Santa Pod is what will kill the gearbox. Driving around town (even as fast the the national limit allows you too) won't really stress it.

Bare in mind that a car set-up for a drag strip is not the same as one set-up for the road.

red reading

If you have the money i will build a bullet proof gearbox, on a new standard box 350 will be ok, bear in mind i wa running 500 thru a standard rebuit bos for 4000miles