turbo

P

ptandy

i have just bought a turbo of ebay and there is play in the shaft its apparently a stage 1 turbo and it was supposed to have been rebuilt 1500 miles ago just wondering if there should be play in the shaft and if there is any way of telling if it is a stage 1 turbo thanks

R

riske

If it has been rebuilt 1500miles ago then there shouldnt be play in the shaft, its a bit worrying about how its used over that many miles to get play in the shaft. I hope you havnt been conned.

P

pulsarboby

stage 1 should have no play as its a 360 thrust bearing fitted (around 1/2mm endfloat is just permissable)
if it were a rollerbearing unit then there is minimal play due to bearings not being under load
never buy a turbo off ebay big no no as many people have found to there cost!

wiseman gtir

as bob and riske said there shouldnt be play in the shaft i have just got a 360 thrust bearing turbo from turbo technics and there,s no play at all on the shaft

Gav_Kara

ebay turbos are well shit my work mate bought a brand new 3076r came from usa and lasted 2week on .8bar boost he though he had got a good deal i said its going to be shit as i paid 700 for my 2871r but he didnt beleive me but he does now ha ha as mine is still 100% spot on...

P

ptandy

thanks for the imformation i have sent him an email and he said that he will give me a refund when ive sent it back thanks for your help it is very much appreciated

P

pulsarboby

dont know what you paid for it but ive got a goodun just come in which i know for a fact is perfect! no play and no cracks around wastegate, see my parts for sale thread and pm me if interested.