Turbo

hmmm

hi

This might sound like a silly question to all you experts out there but it's been on my mind for a while and I just haven't remembered to post it...until now :)

You can uprate an r to 1 bar with a bleed valve, dawes device, uprated actuater, ebc, fuel pump...etc and you have to get the car rolling roaded. The upgrade also affects the internals of the engine a little bit including gearbox and clutch.

If you uprated the turbo (straight swap) would this have an affect on the internals, clutch, gearbox etc? and then would you still need to get the car rolling roaded?

Like I said, this may seem obvious to a lot of you but i just wanted to know :wink:

thanks

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
hmmm said:
hi

This might sound like a silly question to all you experts out there but it's been on my mind for a while and I just haven't remembered to post it...until now :)

You can uprate an r to 1 bar with a bleed valve, dawes device, uprated actuater, ebc, fuel pump...etc and you have to get the car rolling roaded. The upgrade also affects the internals of the engine a little bit including gearbox and clutch.

If you uprated the turbo (straight swap) would this have an affect on the internals, clutch, gearbox etc? and then would you still need to get the car rolling roaded?

Like I said, this may seem obvious to a lot of you but i just wanted to know :wink:

thanks
With a filter, zorst, and fuel pump you can raise the boost to 1bar and the ECU will cope fine... You'll need an uprated clutch though...

If you decide to go for a bigger turbo then you'll more than likely need a fuel controller of some sort(piggy back or stand alone ECU/controller) so take it so someone who knows what they are doing for a mapping session...

Rishi