turbo rebuild

pulsar kid

Ive got a turbo technics stage 1 turbo its done less than 5k and has been sat on my bench for the past year, went and fitted now it looks like the oil seal has gone as its wheeping oil between the bolts that hold the cast section of the turbo on:doh:. it wount be under garrentee as i got it of a forum member, my question is- will it be alot of money to replace it, can it be done myself or will it have to be sent away for it to be replaced?:cry:

Palmer8420

HI mate u can get turbo refurb kits online most places supply instructions on rebuild too. If u feel up it do it yourself save yourself save a small fortune i did mine took a few hours but well worth it being spot on since.

pulsar kid

i dont want to try and rebuild it myself as i know they need to be balanced iam just woundering is there a seal in there i can replace woith out touching the shaft??

pulsar kid

Right just looked at my car, theres no oil in the pipes for the fmic, or the filter its bone try everywhere. just when it gets hot its seeping oil where the turbo housing bolts to the shaft housing.

Palmer8420

Sounds like a blockage, If not oil pressure problem, the oil seals are the bearings on the turbine shaft other rubber seal just seal the air flow. So if oil is come through housing join seals probably gone. But if leaking oil were it shouldnt so turbo recon would be best rather than new unit
recon of your unit between 150 and 375 depending wat is wrong with it. Do it sooner rather than l8r tho