turbo oil lines

O

Odin

Hi all :wink: .

Mod's I'll move this to buying and selling if and when I go ahead, I'm just trying to gauge interest at the moment, And it is to do with uprateing a part.

Seeing as the group buy on stainless clutch pipe's went so well, I was thinking of maybe getting some oil and water line's made up for the turbo.

Now unlike mike's pipe's I will get them made with swivel end's fitted instead of the fixed ends like mike's, Now I'm not trying to slag mikes pipe's but I found that the angle wasn't quite right for the block and I would of had to twist the pipe to get it fitted ok, And with an alloy block you don't want to be cross threading the the banjo do you .

Mike's water pipe is fine it's just the oil pipe I didn't like the look of myself.

So anybody interested let me know and i'll get them costed, As before I will be makeing no profit out of them :shock: :D .

rob

O

Odin

I'll post all the details in the new year.

As I need to take mine off and send them away to ge prices :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:
i think you might have Edd mixed with me fella.......... :oops:

Ok numpty :wink: SORRY FATTY :wink: .

I orderd a set of nice new headstuds today fella :wink:

rob

E

Edd

I had to helicoil the exhaust manifold studs, and only had to do one as it has come loose due to fitting turbo about 15 times :lol:

O

Odin

Edd said:
I had to helicoil the exhaust manifold studs, and only had to do one as it has come loose due to fitting turbo about 15 times :lol:
not as bad as the rinky dinky then :lol:

rob

skiddusmarkus

I found if you slackened off the oil line at the turbo and adjusted the angle of that then retightened it,Mikes pipes lined up fine.The P clip helps it clear the block too.

ex-gtir

rob
i have made hoses with swivel banjo but they cost more as i fit a 1/4 bsp fem to end of hose and supply a banjo adap back to 1/4 bsp male
anything can be done if you find a good hyd firm its just the turbo end that a problem cause of the actuator rod get in the way if you use a sae flare adap
mike

MarkTurbo

Mike, I noticed your kit is just the oil feed from the block to turbo and the water return from the turbo. I was just wondering if you'd tried making up a flexible water feed from the block to the turbo :?:

As my turbo is still sat here next to me instead of being on my engine :roll: I thought i'd make up all 3 in flexible pipes when i've got some spare time at work 8)

O

Odin

ex-gtir said:
rob
i have made hoses with swivel banjo but they cost more as i fit a 1/4 bsp fem to end of hose and supply a banjo adap back to 1/4 bsp male
anything can be done if you find a good hyd firm its just the turbo end that a problem cause of the actuator rod get in the way if you use a sae flare adap
mike
Thanks Mike 8) I wasn't slagging you pipe's I just found mine a pain to fit that's all and I don't like the thought of fooking that block thread :cry: .

I just thought that I'd try and get some made up a bit longer and that swivel makeing it easyer to fit with my fat finger's :cry: .

rob

ex-gtir

if you need thread sizes or anything just ask i calso make them if you want draw me a pic and ill see what i can do send you it for testing :wink: