Turbo Mayo Problem?

Dangerous Dave

Having abit of a problem with the car, put a new engine after the old one had gone, had the turbo of and cleaned out put it all back together to find after a day that the turbo has got loads of mayo coming out of it? cleaned out the catch tank but its empty, also cleaned out the mayo on the water feed but it keeps building up with mayo? has any one got any ideas?

olliecast

could be a leaky head gasket then mate. Have you put a new one on with the new engine?
have you noticed it using any water?

olliecast

a garage can do a "sniffer" test on your coolant to see if theres an gas in your coolant, doesn`t cost much and results are nigh on instant:

Dangerous Dave

grand job i will get it booked in for next week do you know if the car will run if the oil and water pipes are taken off the turbo??

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I wouldn't unless you can stop it spooling up.
If it's spinning it'll need oil and water to stop it from cooking.

Dangerous Dave

i got the engine form a bloke in hull so now i have 2 fooked engines happy days.i have compression tested it and on all four cylinders where over 150 dose this sound about right??

geoff pine

Between 135/164 psi is Nissan's figures there should be a difference of no more than 14 psi between any cylinder

Last edited:

kirko

i know it sounds unlikely but if someone has made up some different pipes for the turbo are they on the right way round as in oil to oil water to water etc.

worth mentioning i suppose just to rule out even the remote chance:?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
That'd do it kirko! :doh:
Your turbo would become and instant mayo-maker as it helpfully mixed the two together with the nice application of some heat to aid the process... then helpfully put it back into your sump. :lol:

Not funny (for you) if that's the case, but a lot less heartache!

Dangerous Dave

had i look to see if the pipes are oil to oil an water to water and they are if the seals had gone on the turbo would this allso make mayo???