Trust t67 turbo?

Rich@Redline

RishiGTiR said:
Sunny Jim said:
The GT3040R seems to be a good choice, especially for a 2 litre...the Icelandic Impreza that runs high 9's has this turbo, and also 709bhp on race fuel. A key factor in the build of that engine was driveability, so they used the smallest turbo possible, ensuring it runs at max efficiency. Reckon it would go a treat on the GTI-R.

Cheers

Rich

1. I've always beleived that quote of 700bhp to be too high... The turbo will flow 500bhp ish on SUL and 600bhp on Race Fuel... This is going by the compessor map and proven figures on other cars using this turbo... That there will give the car mid to low 10's as proven by the CRD Subaru which runs 500bhp and 600bhp with NOS...

2. This car has in my opinion 600bhp on Race Fuel and also 150bhp NOS... Which is how it gets into the 9's....

Yes it would work very well on a GTiR... I was once considering this very turbo...

Rishi
Yeah I know what you mean about 709 seeming high for that turbo, but id be tempted to believe it.....the setup was tested on an engine dynamometer, so not that much space for error.

Dont forget that the Dee Ireland/CRD Impreza runs half a second slower, but also that its the lighter GC8 shell.......the STI8 would be 200-300kg heavier.

Having said that, I cant see an R engine producing anything like that power with a GT3040, unless it revved sky high, I reckon your turbo is the way ahead Rishi, or a GT35/40......after all wasnt Norris' old engine with the GT3542R still a 2 litre?

Cheers

Rich

Rich@Redline

LOU ROB said:
Sunny Jim said:
wasnt Norris' old engine with the GT3542R still a 2 litre?
I'm sure it had the 2.2 stroker in it :wink:
Yeah mate I think you might be right.....I know his new one has a 2.35 litre stroker and GT42R, saw that up close at the Japshow, the turbo is unfeasibly large! reckon someone needs to shoehorn one into an R, with the 2.4 litre SR20 stroker kit from the States!