Trust t67 turbo?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
There was an 'R in a copy of JP a while ago with this kit on - producing approx 450 (i think) with all other mods to the engine.

Shame with this kit that the Ext. W'gate looks shagged and that the manifold needs patching up, but could still be a good purchase.

Not sure what advantage the T67 holds over the Garrett range of turbos - will need someone with more knowledge of turbos than me to answer that. (but if it's an IHI then it may well be a roller bearing, but don't quote me on that :!:)

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

JIMMYBACK

3071 is the way mate it not just about bhp.its about the amount of torwue u get wiv it 8) and the 3071 does that wiv advengence 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

stugtir

JIMMYBACK said:
3071 is the way mate it not just about bhp.its about the amount of torwue u get wiv it 8) and the 3071 does that wiv advengence 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I think your right fella, seems like the sensible option 8) especially as there a few guys that have go good results from it 8)

Ive found a place to manafacture a custom topmount manifold with external wastegate, and 4 inch downpipe :wink: 8)

just gotta finish the engine off now and show it some boost :lol:

stu

N

Ninj-r

I believe it is.

Mitsubishi don't just make cars though, they make all sorts, fridges,computers,rubber things,ships,planes,aircon units,missiles,carfreshners etc.

Dunno if they make turbos though or if they had any hand in that.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ok.... Here we go...

GReddy Turbo's are all actually Mitsubushi turbo's modified to their own specs... You will see the Mitsu logo on all GReddy turbos...

The GT3071 while good for 450bhp will mean you will need to run 2.4bar to get there... This turbo was designed for quick spool and peak power with a lot of torque to match...
The GT3071 will hit 400bhp @ 1.4bar but then its only a 50bhp increase all the way to 2.4bar... You have to remember that this turbo is probably aimed at the track enthusiast or Hillclimb spec... 400bhp at low boost but then allowing to be run efficiently all the way to 2.4bar for the bollox load of torque that would be ideal for circuit and hillclimb...

The T67... GReddy still use the 360 Thrust Bearing rather than Garrets GT Ball Bearing design... You will gain more torque though using Garrett's ball bearing design... Remember that the T-series turbos are all World War 2 technology... HKS and Turbonetics both use the Garrett GT-spec cores...

Hope that clears things up a little..

Rishi

stugtir

RishiGTiR said:
Ok.... Here we go...

GReddy Turbo's are all actually Mitsubushi turbo's modified to their own specs... You will see the Mitsu logo on all GReddy turbos...

The GT3071 while good for 450bhp will mean you will need to run 2.4bar to get there... This turbo was designed for quick spool and peak power with a lot of torque to match...
The GT3071 will hit 400bhp @ 1.4bar but then its only a 50bhp increase all the way to 2.4bar... You have to remember that this turbo is probably aimed at the track enthusiast or Hillclimb spec... 400bhp at low boost but then allowing to be run efficiently all the way to 2.4bar for the sods load of torque that would be ideal for circuit and hillclimb...

The T67... GReddy still use the 360 Thrust Bearing rather than Garrets GT Ball Bearing design... You will gain more torque though using Garrett's ball bearing design... Remember that the T-series turbos are all World War 2 technology... HKS and Turbonetics both use the Garrett GT-spec cores...

Rishi
Cheers Rishi :wink:

I dont really like the sound of running 2.4 bar :? will that turbo cope with running that much boost? :shock:

Im getting so annoyed trying to find a decent turbo setup that will suit my needs!! :cry:

All i want is a tubo that will flow 450-500bhp easily but with less lag as possible!! :wink:

but all that seems to be on offer is either something thats good for 400 or something thats good for 600bhp which will probably be laggy as fook :shock:

Im thinking i may have to go with this tubby? wot you reckon? GARRETT GT3040R.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/m...OD&Product_Code=GRT-TBO-032&Category_Code=GRT

And then come the manifold problem :x !! ive been looking at these for a while now and trying to match a suitable turbo up to it.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=50

or

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_47_429&products_id=482

Am i asking to much to find a suitable turbo kit that i wont have to exstensivly modify to fit?? :? :shock:

Any suggestions are very welcome (RISHI :D :D )

cheers stu

Rishi

stugtir said:
RishiGTiR said:
Ok.... Here we go...

The GT3071 will hit 400bhp @ 1.4bar but then its only a 50bhp increase all the way to 2.4bar... You have to remember that this turbo is probably aimed at the track enthusiast or Hillclimb spec... 400bhp at low boost but then allowing to be run efficiently all the way to 2.4bar for the sods load of torque that would be ideal for circuit and hillclimb...

Rishi
Cheers Rishi :wink:

Im getting so annoyed trying to find a decent turbo setup that will suit my needs!! :cry:

All i want is a tubo that will flow 450-500bhp easily but with less lag as possible!! :wink:

but all that seems to be on offer is either something thats good for 400 or something thats good for 600bhp which will probably be laggy as oh no :shock:

And then come the manifold problem :x !! ive been looking at these for a while now and trying to match a suitable turbo up to it.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=50

or

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_47_429&products_id=482

Am i asking to much to find a suitable turbo kit that i wont have to exstensivly modify to fit?? :? :shock:

Any suggestions are very welcome (RISHI :D :D )

cheers stu

Funny you mention that...

I'll soon be putting together full custom turbo kits for decent money...

Turbo, custom manifold and wastegate...

Also spec engines and build... Parts supplied by me through my contacts and built where i have my engine built... Will be built by the best and far cheaper than tuners... :wink:

For a decent 450 - 500bhp you should be looking at the GT30R, GT3036R,...

470/480bhp @ 1.8bar...

Rishi

stugtir

As you can see ive edited my post above. showing the Garrett GT3040R.

do you reckon that it will be far to laggy? In an ideal world id like to see full boost by 4500rpm. :wink:

Keep me posted on these turbo kits though mate, i may well be your first customer :wink: :wink: :D

stu

Dooie Pop Pop

RishiGTiR said:
Funny you mention that...

I'll soon be putting together full custom turbo kits for decent money...

Turbo, custom manifold and wastegate...

Also spec engines and build... Parts supplied by me through my contacts and built where i have my engine built... Will be built by the best and far cheaper than tuners... :wink:

For a decent 450 - 500bhp you should be looking at the GT30R, GT3036R,...

470/480bhp @ 1.8bar...

Rishi

8) that is good news :D slightly off topic but does that mean they' ll be making a few more flywheels to match the superclutch?

Rishi

stugtir said:

do you reckon that it will be far to laggy? In an ideal world id like to see full boost by 4500rpm. :wink:

Keep me posted on these turbo kits though mate, i may well be your first customer :wink: :wink: :D

stu
GT3040R should hit full boost by 4500rpm... Your cam setup can also help spool the turbo quicker...

GT3040R will see you to 600bhp on 109RON or 112RON race fuel... And just over 500bhp on SUL...

GT3036R if you are looking to the 470bhp range with quicker spool...

I'll keep you posted on the Turbo kits mate...

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop said:
8) that is good news :D slightly off topic but does that mean they' ll be making a few more flywheels to match the superclutch?
Well i actually used an OS Giken flywheel... But i will look into the flywheels for the SuperClutch kits... I have all the specs so its just a case of who can make them as the best price and then sell the them as a kit...

Rishi

stugtir

RishiGTiR said:
stugtir said:

stu
GT3040R should hit full boost by 4500rpm... Your cam setup can also help spool the turbo quicker...

GT3040R will see you to 600bhp on 109RON or 112RON race fuel... And just over 500bhp on SUL...

GT3036R if you are looking to the 470bhp range with quicker spool...

I'll keep you posted on the Turbo kits mate...

Rishi

Rishi

cheers mate that cleared a few things up :wink:

keep me posted.

stu

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
I've got one of those :D :wink:

I tried to change after the first clutch swap for an AP but couldn't get the AP to fit. I sent the dimensions to them and they said they did a design for a flywheel for that and never got paid. I don't know who didn't do the paying so I'm not blaming anyone but AP were a mite touchy over it all. The clutch was fitted by the PO so it was all before I got near it.

deank93

stugtir said:

stu

I think that a LOT of peole are really going to benefit from Rishi's knowledge and the sort of prices and packages he will be able to put together.

Rishi has sorted the new spec on my car and i can tell you the prices are absolutely superb when compared to EVERY tuner i've spoken too and i personally feel i'm getting far more impartial advice.

DEAN.

Rich@Redline

The GT3040R seems to be a good choice, especially for a 2 litre...the Icelandic Impreza that runs high 9's has this turbo, and also 709bhp on race fuel. A key factor in the build of that engine was driveability, so they used the smallest turbo possible, ensuring it runs at max efficiency. Reckon it would go a treat on the GTI-R.

Cheers

Rich

Rishi

Sunny Jim said:
The GT3040R seems to be a good choice, especially for a 2 litre...the Icelandic Impreza that runs high 9's has this turbo, and also 709bhp on race fuel. A key factor in the build of that engine was driveability, so they used the smallest turbo possible, ensuring it runs at max efficiency. Reckon it would go a treat on the GTI-R.

Cheers

Rich

1. I've always beleived that quote of 700bhp to be too high... The turbo will flow 500bhp ish on SUL and 600bhp on Race Fuel... This is going by the compessor map and proven figures on other cars using this turbo... That there will give the car mid to low 10's as proven by the CRD Subaru which runs 500bhp and 600bhp with NOS...

2. This car has in my opinion 600bhp on Race Fuel and also 150bhp NOS... Which is how it gets into the 9's....

Yes it would work very well on a GTiR... I was once considering this very turbo...

Rishi