Toyo tyre's

nimhbk

Was thinking of getting some toyo tr1 tyres but at £120 for a set of 4 they seem very budget.

i paid that amount last time for 1 pilot tyre from Michelin

Anyone use them on here

gtirx2

Its about the right price for 195/50/15's,you can also get the yoko parada spec 2's for the same sort of money.
Have a look on ebay.
You can also ring up places like kwik fit etc and quote them internet prices and quite often they will match the price.
This is just for the tyres tho,not a fitted price.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I paid £140 last time fitted for the toyo in 195/50/15

Been running them on my last few cars and real happy with them

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Because my car is a weekend car it’s hard to tell. I'd say its quicker than the Eagle F1's/Mitchs but about on par with Yoko/Falkens I'v had in the past.

One thing is on track they will wear out the edges quicker than other tyres I had.

I run them because for me the offer the best performance/value compromise

Matty B

I found the Toyo's really good. I had a set of Toyo Proxes last time and in the dry they were very good. They are a fairly soft tyre so don't last quite as long as other tyre's i've used. Thumbs up though overall.

vss irvine

ive just bought 4 toyo proxes 195/50/15

£114 delivered!

i went for the proxes as i wasnt that impressed with the prada's

Tk1

T1r's are a pretty good tyre i run them on my subaru last year and the pulsar the begining of this year for sprinting the wear rate when on the limit is pretty shocking with massive feathering , i recently spoke to toyo motorsport guy at an event i attended who suggested shaving them down to 5mm because the blocks have a lot of movement when new hence the feathering.
i recently started to use the yoko parada spec2 and i am really impressed even in the wet , wear rate is no where near as bad on the limit and all is good especially how cheap they are
but if your cars being used on the road then either really there both cheapish and offer reasonable performance

paz

I find the paradas absolutely shite in the wet, personally I prefer toyos, but the best tyres I've had are eagle f1s. Cost more and wear quickly tho!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Does that mean that Neil can do a deal on new tyres? I know I'm flippant about those tyres that got chewed-out when my alignment was all wrong, but I do need to replace them at some point.