top speed in a gtir...

T

tro||

but your last one was only running on 3 cylinders:deadhorse:

SickBoy

The thing is are we talking standard or the amazing 1 Bar !!!!

Trouble is at 1 Bar its gonna blow up cos hes got the wrong oil !!!!!

Lee

S

slammed_gtir

for ****s sake! i was only interested because ive been told by someone that they are geared for acceleration and dont have a great top speed. Which is fair enough and why i am interested!

Is it such a hard question to answer?

stumo

ok slammed (your car will handle shit if it's slammed BTW), what tyres are fitted, what HP do you have, what turbo do you have,cams, what are the atmospheric conditions of the top speed run, who has tuned your car, etc etc

all (and more) will affect the top speed.

(mine is also a special black version and will do 300.001mph)

S

slammed_gtir

cheers mate, would running more power over standard increase it by much?

S

slammed_gtir

stumo said:
ok slammed (your car will handle shit if it's slammed BTW), what tyres are fitted, what HP do you have, what turbo do you have,cams, what are the atmospheric conditions of the top speed run, who has tuned your car, etc etc

all (and more) will affect the top speed.

(mine is also a special black version and will do 300.001mph)
its only a rough figre im after really mate

oh n its black i pick it up tomorrow hopefully and no its not slammed lol thats just the name i use.

stumo

no, it would go slower due to the turbo sucking in more air.

This causes a vortex (which is well known in GTiR circles), directly infront of the car, creating turbulence and destroying the downforce that the cheesegrater creates.

MarkTurbo

slammed_gtir said:
cheers mate, would running more power over standard increase it by much?
Having more power wont make f**k all difference to the top speed ;-) It'll only go as fast as the gearing allows :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless you start upping the rev limit :lol:

P

pulsarboby

no one tells it like it is!!!! so frustrating:fight1: my carbwill top out at an estimated 135mph but by fcuk will it get there quick!!
eat shite losers:flame: