Too Slow

111mattin111

Falling out of love with my pulsar fast n only just had it over a month, it's just to slow I can barely pull away from my bro's golf 1.8T 193hp

Mines not standard has the following

greddy fmi
mongoose exhaust
uprated leads
ngk plugs 8's
z32 maf
560cc injectors
huge filter
remapped ecu running 15psi so tad over 1bar
exedy stage 2 clutch
tubular manifold
greddy profec type s

tein ss coilovers
ksport 8pots

ect ect don't know wether to go for more power or just sell up

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you using the gears? Even with your basic spec you should be leaving him well behind. I went up the strip against a Golf R32 and left him for dead when I was only running 246bhp and he did a 14s pass.

Have you done a fault code check to make sure you don't have a det sensor code or something. How long ago was it mapped and by who?

111mattin111

Done a fault check nothing wrong there, yea was on the redline 2nd,3rd,

it was mapped by turbo Noz he does a lot of 200sx n 300zx also has his own 400hp pulsar doing 12's down the pod, he knows his stuff n great mapper

111mattin111

The manifold to turbo gasket(4 bolt) is blowing quite bad now but still holds 15psi would this affect performance much?

got the gaskets just need to fit when I get a min

whytie

Must be something seriously wrong with your car. Golf 1.8t are so fecking slow you can hardly even tell they have a turbo they are that slow.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
also has his own 400hp pulsar doing 12's down the pod, he knows his stuff n great mapper

There's your problem. A 400bhp pulsar should be doing 11s. lol
Mine with 246bhp was doing high 12s, 300bhp 12s dead on.

Yes, get the gasket sorted.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd get in on a rolling road and see what power you have. They can check the fuelling just to make sure at the same time.

lakeview

a standard pulsar would pull away from it never mind a modified one.its heavier than the gtir and have terrible traction

red reading

Get the car mapped at fusion, best mapper for these cars by far as he knows them inside out....yours has got serious issues to be so slow, at 260bhp I could beat Porsche boxsters ,tvr chimeras and the like and golfs were easy,at 300 I would nail Audi rs4s and even give 600cc sports bikes a run for there money.

shroom

Get the car mapped at fusion, best mapper for these cars by far as he knows them inside out....yours has got serious issues to be so slow, at 260bhp I could beat Porsche boxsters ,tvr chimeras and the like and golfs were easy,at 300 I would nail Audi rs4s and even give 600cc sports bikes a run for there money.
and now at over 500 you have shares in the local laundry for your pants :lol:

111mattin111

http://m200.photobucket.com/albums/rb200/

Can anyone tell me about the first 3 pics in the link

in the first pic there's a spade connector it sits on top of the dizzy housing is this an earth? Where does the cable come from that connects to it.

The second pic there's two red pipes (vac pipes?) they sit in front of the injectors on the inlet where do these connect to?

And the 3rd pic is a pipe coming off the top of the gearbox is this just a breather where does it connect

any help would be great cheers

MarkTurbo

1) Never seen that used and my car has nothing connected there and is fine.

2) Are those red tubes blocked off? Thats just a connection to balance the throttle bodies and if not blanked off will cause running problems.

3) Thats just a breather for the gearbox and should just have a pipe with a U shaped bend on the end attached, if you drive it hard enough you'll start chucking oil out without it.