titanium 3" down pipe.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

HI all.

I have bin talking to a company that are very intersted in makeing 3" downpips with elbos out of titanium.

The Titanium we will use will be type 1 wich is the best that there is used in the hi-end of motorsport.

the gane from that down pipe will be the same as someing like the janspeed down pipe . also the waight will be less to :thumbsup: 8)

We are waiting on some more info back at the moment but i am realy looking to see how many people would want them ?????????

The price we are looking at for one of these is around the £400 mark.

Any feed back would be nice

Cheers Lionel.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Why on eath would you want to use Titanium, it's far more brittle than stainless and far more likley to crack on a stress area like the dump pipe elbow. Do you really want to take the chance of your customers wanting refunds or repairs on cracked dump pipes.
If you were to get some made and make improvments on the Janspeed design, I would make the front pipe and dump pipe/elbow seperate. That way if the turbo should ever need removing, the whole front pipe, turbo and manifold doesn't have to be removed in one lump. If you are going to use titanium then make just the front pipe and flexi section, then you could have the dump pipe made seperatly in stainless.

Steve
(3" Janspeed system owner)

turbodaily

£400 for a downpipe...:shock: is it gold plated too??:hat:

like steve says its not very suitable and neither is the price, youd be better off getting a high grade stainless steel downpipe made up.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
GET THEM TO MAKE THE REST OF THE EXHAUST IN TI AS WELL. (I need to save more weight:thumbsup: )

I want a TI exhaust, identical to goose upto exit of decat, then 45degree (for example) bend straight out of the side of the car.:thumbsup:

Have a word with Madbazza, he had a Titanium down pipe on his car for a while.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

The Janspeed down pipe is also £400.

Carl we could get a full systerm made as well but a price would need to be sorted as we havent realy looked in to it but it could be done.

The titanium we are useing is of a high grade and is use on many Rally cars etc have we have report that it works very well on the rally car that are useing it.

MarkTurbo

turbodaily said:
like steve says its not very suitable and neither is the price, youd be better off getting a high grade stainless steel downpipe made up.
As long its not made using cheap titanium then of course its suitable, theres loads of titanium systems available for Evo's for instance ;-) If you can get a titanium frontpipe made up for the same price as the janspeed one then go for it because thats a bargain!

If the titanium bar we use at work is anything to go by it'll probably weigh about 1/2 as much as a stainless one 8)

MarkTurbo

Imagine how much weight you could save if you went mad with titanium 8)

Apparently a cat back titanium exhaust for an Evo weighs 6.9lbs :shock:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

I am still looking in to this as if we are looking for numbers of 10+ to get them made as if its sell then 10 it will cost much much more.

cheers Lionel.