Tinted Windows

G

gavmc18

just been stopped by the police and told to get my front window tints off all very well said just not that easy to do

think they have been done professionally with film but i cant get it off

anyone got any tips for getting them off

thanks gav

gtirneil

Try peeling away at the top corners with a knife, its a bugger to get them off in 1 piece and it also leaves glue all over your window.

J

justin666

Got a pic of how dark the tints are.???? Just ask cause i may be getting mine done soon but dont wanna get stopped every 5 minutes :doh: :doh:

Cheers

J.

Gray

They have to be virtually none existent on the front side windows have to let 70% of light through
Stanley knife and some Fairy power spray and some white spirit got mine off

G

gavmc18

was speaking to the cop and he said to me that on the front windows they are only allowed to be 12% with is virtually nothing but the rest apart from the windscreen can be anything you want
heres a pic not very good but you can get the idea i think http://www.gtiroc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1097&c=37&userid=2206

gav

will try the fairy power spray and a stanley knife

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray

Depends if the front windows are already tinted
The law might have changed now though as it used to be 30%

Thats why I dont bother tinting my windows anymore as it looks stupid without the front sides done dark so just leave it

paz

justin666 said:
Got a pic of how dark the tints are.???? Just ask cause i may be getting mine done soon but dont wanna get stopped every 5 minutes :doh: :doh:

Cheers

J.
Mine are quite dark all round, and touch wood I've not had any trouble for years.

Paz

Gray

Thats cos its in your garage out of sight never being driven. As soon as you pull off your drive in it you'll get pulled over. A bright orange GTi-R with tints, they'll throw the book at you.

O

Odin

I want rid of my tints as well there rubbish, I can't see out of the f*cking things at night, I want the whole lot ripped out a replaced with a legal tint, Mind you I've been pretty lucky as I haven't been stopped yet lol.

Rob

G

gavmc18

if it wasnt for the fact that someone has put them on so well i would be ripping off the whole lot of tints but just going to do the front just now

i said to the cop that i thought i was allowed 30% but he said no 12% so it must have changed he says if you look at a bmw with factory tints they are close to being illegal

my mate got done the other day in his starlet gtt he got 3 points for his tints and if they were 1% darker he could have been getting done with wreckless driving

gav

Gray

I got stopped in one of my old cars, they said i had to drive home with my front windows open and once i got home my car was illegal to drive.
Wouldnt be allowed to drive until I removed them and had a form signed to say id removed them by a VOSA testing station.

Took my ticket there and it had completely the wrong reg on it so said it was pointless me even coming in lol.

I just took them out anyway, not a fan of tints anymore. I'm too good looking to hide my face from the world :lol:

paz

Gray said:
Thats cos its in your garage out of sight never being driven. As soon as you pull off your drive in it you'll get pulled over. A bright orange GTi-R with tints, they'll throw the book at you.
:roll: Just like they did on southport beach that time a couple of years a go when everyone was getting ****ed over. The only reason you'll ever get done for tints is if a copper is bored, the force is having a ''crackdown'' or they need an excuse to book you.

Paz

Gray

Yeah they love it on Southport beach, you don't see many cars there with front tints any more :lol:
The time I did have tints in my old car I just parked on a car park instead.

N

nesolb

I'm a bit worried now. I have mirrored reflective tints on the front of mine. I got stopped by the cops a few years back cos he thought they were blacked out but once he looked through the passenger window he realised that they weren't.

Does anyone else have mirrored tints on their car? Will they be a problem?