thinking of selling!!!!

GTiR-Aholic

Get an R33 with the kit on it and even standard they pull lovely.. especially if you can pickup a nice clean GTR... no need to spend £1000s doing it up.. they look the part, drive the part and I love 'em I'm sure no one here has a bad word to say about them?... I just don't like evo's

Gav_Kara

evos are loads better tan skylines i work for a tuning company and power from a skyline is shit had a fully forged r33 in yesterday and my R would wup it!! we also had a evo in with a gt30 forged rods and a bit of fueling after remap and punched out a good 600bhp on 1.7bar on the dyno!! so i,d rather get a evo anyday!

Mr GTiR

Have never been interested in Skylines. My mates had loads of them and I get to drive his every so often (460bhp R32 GTR).

Anyway, I need my next second car to be practical as well as the wife is expecting our second child in Oct.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Oil/Fuel ratio gauge!? - I didn't realise it was a rotary engine! Maybe it's two-stroke?

Gav_Kara

no mate its not forged and the bloke whos selling it is full of shit!!!!!!! i got a evo now but missing the R already it was my little baby!!

Smo

no mate its not forged and the bloke whos selling it is full of shit!!!!!!! i got a evo now but missing the R already it was my little baby!!
I know how you feel mate - I got rid of my Evo V GSR after weeks. Didn't hold a candle to my R!

Gav_Kara

i know buddy the evo is wet compaired to the old R the evo will be ok after some bhp mods and i work at the right place as i work for performance centre!!! so remapping soon to 1.5 bar whoo.. the evo drives nicer than a r but power delivery ect just aint there!!!
you should of bought my old R mate it had good spec and very well looked after with 1000s of £££££ of parts and paper work to go with it!!!!
i still keeping a member on this site as the R is the best car ive had and enjoyed and one day shall own another and will always be a interest of mine

Smo

I must admit, had my Evo been more powerful I would've been far more likely to keep it. It drove a dream but it was all too easy and predictable. After a few weeks I just didn't really want to drive it. The R was 10 times more fun, harder and clunkier - more like what a fast car should feel like (in my opinion).

I'm back in an R now (2.2 stroker, 395/411@1.7bar) and feels so much more at home! Although I have baby coming Christmas time and in all fairness, an Evo would be perfect for what I would want it for. Better than the R perhaps.

If you don't mind (and you can PM me if you like), where did you P/X your R and what rates did you get? I feel that I might not get a fair deal for my R if I P/X it which is why I'm a little skeptical. It's had over £17,000 spent on the engine and bugger all miles since the build, but a trader might not take that into consideration.

Still, just a fleeting thought - I love my new R and when it comes down to it I probably won't want to get rid of it at all!

Gav_Kara

i didnt wont to get rid of my R mate too but i picked the evo 6 up for 6k and got 3k trade in for the R but before that i phoned about after evos and i only got offered 2k for trade in against a 8k car so i thought it wont a bad deal really.
im in the same boat buddy got baby on the way in nov and the evo is more room and a massive boost ect...
my R was running 331@315lbft on 1.2bar with stock internals and fueling i.e maf and injectors ect....
getting the evo mapped soon after a pump fitted and should produce a good 360-380bhp on 1.5-1.6bar so it should be much better after that and i might like it a bit more ha ha ha

I drive my mates 9 Fq340 all the time, and its got the usual breathing mods and has been remapped to 410 bhp by russ at wallace performance.
Before he got it mapped i would sit next to him till tripple fiqures then he would toast me, different if we wer rolling he would toast me well and truley.

I still say i prefer the drive in my R to the evo, as its more hands on type of thing.

But the power in the evo is more than enough for the road and it delivers it so smooth and pulls like a train right up to the red line.

But it still doesnt touch our other friends EP3 CTR Supercharged, this thing is just insane!!!!
Pulls very hard in all gears and its only 320 bhp.
Only thing about where i stay than can kill it everytime, is our friends Evo 9 RS road legal track car, and thats well over 600 bhp.

But i have to agree with alot of you`s the R is so much unpredicable fun.
And it feels so much better on the road.
I was looking at selling my R after i have finished its forged engine for an evo.
But everyone up where i stay is buying evo`s, their getting so common.

guider

i wish i had bought it now gav as im still fooking about with the master swap. kitted it today,bled it then found out the slave had gone 2.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!:doh:

guider

i know mate. had 1 three years ago and chucked money at it and still not learnt my lesson. love the drive though. its addictive