Thinking of a Unichip

chrisniss91

What exactly does the unichip do :?: As i need something to control the fueling on my R. Can it control bigger injectors :?: For all those who have had this fitted did you notice an increase in Hp or torque :?:
i am thinking of taking it to powerstation in december/january is it just a day job :?:
sorry for loads of Q's

E

Edd

I'm pretty sure it CANT control bigger injectors as there is no way to program it to tell it the injector size has inceased by xx%
Powerstation told me this when i was there and said unichips only really good if your going to stay under say 1.3 bar and with std fuelling (ie injectors)
Ring powerstation as they will answer eveything for you :lol:

turblio

Right,
Unichip can control injectors simply by changing the pulse signal when mapping, so it doesn,t matter what size injectors you have
(speak to dastek or interpro they are experts)
Frank

chrisniss91

I just read the old rolling road mag feature with bruce spence/ashley smith there, and phil cavanaghs car had a unichip running 1.5 bar and uprated injectors :? :wink:

E

Edd

well someone at powerstation told me it couldnt support uprated injectors :p

turblio

yes I know that someone, they need to check with dastek like I
have before making a comment, some tuners put a motec analysing
sensor in where the lambda sensor on our R's goes to check fuelling,
which tells them precisely what changes to make to the injector pulsing duty, however I shall not waffle :oops: all I can say is just get the best possible tuner to set it up and you will be happy
Frank

N

Ninja_tune_factory

chris mate id no for the power fc mate then its ever fink in one box there on the bord for £850 all most as much as it will cost for a unchip .

but if you go to sun tunners they will sell you power fc for about 1000+
wat a bout your strocker kit ? have you got an afc controller?

turblio your R is coool as fook mate ever time i look at it i fink thats look the nuts with dem black wheels very nice r mate . :D

G

gotoinstant-redline

lionel said:
chris mate id no for the power fc mate then its ever fink in one box there on the bord for £850 all most as much as it will cost for a unchip .

but if you go to sun tunners they will sell you power fc for about 1000+
wat a bout your strocker kit ? have you got an afc controller?

turblio your R is coool as fook mate ever time i look at it i fink thats look the nuts with dem black wheels very nice r mate . :D
wot?
in english maybe??

meh, whatever. the unichop is less than 700quid. and it is tottally mappable. it can support all sorts of things, including larger injectors and high boost.
mapping is not going to be that cheap, but then again mapping anything properly isnt cheap!

L.

turblio

Lionel mate,
Thanks for the comments, the wheels are gloss black could'nt make up
my mind to go gloss or matt so thought s8d it and was pleased I did
Theres a better pic on members R's under Franks R just click on the link
yours looks cool anyway mate, took me ages to decide what look to go for
Frank

Well this is from what i heard about unichip.
Unichip is pretty reasonable if say u just want something to tinker to fuel and ignition maps but end of the day it is still a piggyback chip that is slapped onto your ecu to "mess" up the signals.
Also from what i heard that the other thing with unichip is that it relies on throttle position sensor to sense its load. A tad risky with turbo cars as it cannot sense if there is more air being sucked by the turbo accidently. For e,g unstable boost spikes. Most tuners from whom i've come across rather have a MAP sensor especially for a road, turbo car.

If i got the cash i rather have the Power FC. Just plug and play and highly recommended for street modified cars imho.

Anyway just my 2 cents opinion.
:D

turblio

Not just throttle position it can map Ignition and fuel every 100 rpm-
vital if you do not want a big bang from up front! and you can get the best
from the complete rev range safely so no worries at 7500 rpm
The UNICHIP is much more than just a "chip". In actual fact it is a fully functioning computer which is added to the vehicle’s existing engine control unit (ECU). Apart from controlling general timing and mixtures it can do idling control, drive extra injectors, take full control over timing functions, eliminate road speed governors etc. It can be accurately described as a "Piggyback" computer.

chrisniss91

lionel said:
wat a bout your strocker kit ?
I will get the stroker kit once mine blows up, i'll do what some owners on here are doing take the car off the road and buy bit by bit then get it all put together :wink:

Frank, who fitted and mapped ur unichip :?:

T

timplowe

unichip

Hi folks.
From what i have looked into on the unichip it does not have enough adjustments on the load sites for fuel and ignition etc (-50 and +50).

E-manage that has much more adjustment than the unichip.

Anyone interested in a brand new Power FC and commander for £680 inc vat, thats unichip money.
Cheers Tim.

T

timplowe

unichip.

Yer frank yours is fine for what you have mods wise , but you are not running bigger injectors are you ? I am not saying the unichip is not good, i just think that for the same money maybe a little more you could have better.
I think the unichip would not be that efficient over 350 bhp definetly not as efficient as a Power fc or even E-manage.
Cheers Tim.

T

timplowe

not that cheap

The above company is not that cheap £860 for power fc and commander dont know if that includes vat or not but i can do that for £680 inc vat and the commander.
Cheers Tim.