they left the bolts loose!!

Bart GTI-R

Had the car 4 wheel aligned Saturday morning, noticed this morning driving back at 2 the wheel went wobly!! Went to put some more fuel in this morning and had to come back it was that bad,

Jacked it up just and they had left the camber botls loose in the strut!!

got the AA coming out so I can get a report, what would you guys (&girls) do??

Regards Gregg

B

boozyboo

Pulsarbobby took my R down garage to get it alined, and they left the wheel loose:shock: . he whent down to give them a bolocking and got the matey fired. try that mate. could have been dangerous.( pardon my spelling, it still early lol)

davey red.r

:shock: yeah gregg youve been lucky mate,
to think all your previous months rebuilding your car mate,
could of been all wiped out in seconds:cry:
through some half wit:der: theres no excuses for that,
id go down and see them about there neglect,and what might of happened,
and see what there going to do about it,

davey;-)

P

pulsarboby

boozyboo said:
Pulsarbobby took my R down garage to get it alined, and they left the wheel loose:shock: . he whent down to give them a bolocking and got the matey fired. try that mate. could have been dangerous.( pardon my spelling, it still early lol)

dont have it gregg, go up there first thing in the morning and do your nut with them, its a bad bad mistake and possibly a very dangerous mistake to make! you will at least get all your money back!
happened to my car aswell before castle combe last year!
took car in to have 4 wheel alignment done and the lad who did it left one of the braided lines unclipped which was rubbing on inside of wheel all the way there, unknowingly to me:shock: got around 10 miles from circuit, was going down dual carriageway at a rate of knotts with mrs in motor, went to hit the brakes at roundabout and 'nothing' luckily i managed to avoid smashing into anything but it could have all ended rather badly.
had a few words with the lad when i got back and was left at that (after he gave me money for alignment and brakelines out of his pocket) but if anyone had been hurt then it would have been a different story, i would have sued the garage.

so you either grab the little tw4t by the throat who did this or go straight to the governor, but dont leave it!

youngsyp

I agree with Bob, and the other chaps. It's totally unacceptable to leave anything undone or loose, regardless of how much it may compromise safety. You've paid them for a service and they haven't completed it.
To make matters worse, they've compromised your safety with their mistake.

I'd be going down there, getting them to rectify their mistake, including a re-alignment if necessary, them getting a full refund and possibly some compensation for your time.

Hope you get it sorted bud.

Paul

O

Odin

I had this with Norris years ago, They left my wish bones loose and I nearly ended up in a ditch on the way home :shock: :evil: .

Their is some right useless t0ssers out there :doh: , I'm not saying Norris is one himself but the muppet he employed at the time defo was :roll: .

Rob

O

owens

i personally would be down there causing hell and making sure all his customers can hear what im saying and i wouldnt leave until the job was done correctly and i was fully reimbursed and if i didnt get anywhere i would be on the phone to the local papers telling them how my car was left in an unroadworthy state and i only noticed that i am driving a death trap because i checked there shoddy work